What is a Design Summit ?
Please see Summit for more details on how the Design Summit works !
Juno Design Summit
- Date: November 4-7, 2014 (starts on the Tuesday and ends on the Friday !)
- Location: Paris, France
- Design Summit will happen at the Meridien Etoile Hotel 
- The schedule is live at: http://kilodesignsummit.sched.org/
- A list of all etherpads is available at Summit/Kilo/Etherpads
The Cross-project workshops (Tuesday)
On the first day of the Kilo summit, we'll have OpenStack cross-project workshops to discuss topics which affect all OpenStack projects, and therefore increase convergence and collaboration across program barriers. Workshops will be 40-min or 90-min long.
The Other projects corner (Tuesday)
On the first day of the Design Summit there will be one or more room(s) dedicated to other projects. Those sessions will appear on the Design Summit schedule. This will be limited to one session per project, so people who want to present the same project should merge their presentations. Candidate projects need to be open source and strongly related to OpenStack. Preference will be given to stackforge projects. The session should ideally be an open discussion about the project, geared toward developers (rather than users) of the project.
Program-specific scheduled sessions (Wednesday, Thursday)
- Nova: Sessions about OpenStack Compute (Nova)
- Swift: Sessions about OpenStack Object Storage (Swift)
- Glance: Sessions about OpenStack Image service (Glance)
- Keystone: Sessions about OpenStack Identity (Keystone)
- Horizon: Sessions about OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon)
- Cinder: Sessions about OpenStack Block Storage (Cinder)
- Neutron: Sessions about OpenStack Network service (Neutron), and the future of Nova networking
- Oslo: Common code and libraries between OpenStack projects
- Devstack: Sessions about the Devstack program
- TripleO: Sessions about the TripleO program (deploying OpenStack on OpenStack)
- Ceilometer: Sessions about Ceilometer (Metering, Monitoring)
- Heat: Sessions about Heat (Resource Orchestration)
- Documentation: Future efforts on OpenStack documentation
- QA: Sessions about QA efforts: unit tests, integration tests, upgrade tests, Tempest...
- Release management: Release cycle management, stable branch maintenance, vulnerability management, development processes
- Infrastructure: OpenStack infrastructure and continuous integration
- Trove: Sessions about Trove
- Sahara (ex-Savanna): Sessions about Sahara (formerly known as Savanna)
- Ironic: Sessions about Ironic project
- Zaqar: Sessions about the Zaqar incubated project (formerly known as Marconi)
- Barbican: Sessions about the Barbican incubated project
- Manila: Sessions about the Manila incubated project
Contributors meetups (Friday)
The contributors meetup is a informal gathering of the project contributors, with an open agenda. Separate meetups are organized for each program.
The OpenStack Summit
The Kilo Design Summit is co-located with the "OpenStack Summit" which is a more traditional conference. The Full pass that gives you access to the Design Summit area also gives you full access to the OpenStack Summit.
The Ops meetup
The Kilo Design Summit is also co-located with the "Ops meetup", an OpenStack operators gathering. Developers and other contributors are encouraged to attend this event ! Main sessions will happen on Monday, with follow-up sessions on Thursday.
The OpenStack-fr user group wrote some travel tips for first timers in Paris: Summit/Kilo/Travel_Tips
Questions ? Help ?
Contact Thierry Carrez at thierry<-A-T->openstack.org