What is a Design Summit ?
Please see Summit for more details on how the Design Summit works !
Icehouse Design Summit
- Date: November 5-8, 2013
- Location: Hong-Kong
- Register at http://www.openstack.org/summit/openstack-summit-hong-kong-2013
- Summit will happen at Asia World Expo
- The online schedule for the Design Summit lives at http://icehousedesignsummit.sched.org/
- We take collaborative notes during sessions and store them at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Summit/Icehouse/Etherpads
Design Summit Topics
- Nova: Sessions about OpenStack Compute (Nova)
- Swift: Sessions about OpenStack Object Storage (Swift)
- Glance: Sessions about OpenStack Image service (Glance)
- Keystone: Sessions about OpenStack Identity (Keystone)
- Horizon: Sessions about OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon)
- Cinder: Sessions about OpenStack Block Storage (Cinder)
- Neutron: Sessions about OpenStack Network service (Neutron), and the future of Nova networking
- Oslo: Common code and libraries between OpenStack projects
- Devstack: Sessions about the Devstack program
- TripleO: Sessions about the TripleO program (deploying OpenStack on OpenStack)
- Ceilometer: Sessions about Ceilometer (Metering, Monitoring)
- Heat: Sessions about Heat (Resource Orchestration)
- Documentation: Future efforts on OpenStack documentation
- QA: Sessions about QA efforts: unit tests, integration tests, upgrade tests, Tempest...
- Release management: Release cycle management, stable branch maintenance, vulnerability management, development processes
- Infrastructure: OpenStack infrastructure and continuous integration
- Trove: Sessions about Trove
- Ironic: Sessions about the Ironic incubated project
- Marconi: Sessions about the Marconi incubated project
- Savanna: Sessions about the Savanna incubated project
The OpenStack Summit
The Icehouse Design Summit is co-located with the "OpenStack Summit" which is a more traditional conference. The Design Summit pass gives you full access to the OpenStack Summit. You can find the schedule for this event at http://openstacksummitnovember2013.sched.org.
Those talks happen on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. No Design Summit session happens during plenary sessions, so you can easily attend those.
General session and Breakout sessions
You can attend those talks if you're interested, but they happen at the same time as Design Summit sessions.
We'll have an Unconference room with empty slots. There will be a grid posted at the Summit, where you can book your own slot to discuss anything related to OpenStack. First come, first serve.
On Tuesday - Thursday after lunch, there will be a series of 5-min long lightning presentations that you can book to talk about anything you want, including teasing people so that they will come to your presentation afterwards. There will be a grid posted on a wall at the Summit... First come, first serve.
There are parties on almost every evening. See the list here.
Need help on planning your trip to Hong Kong or what kind of fun stuff you can do there? Check out the Travel Tips page.
Questions ? Help ?
Contact Thierry Carrez at thierry<-A-T->openstack.org