Distro Non-Openstack Sub-project
- Project Lead: Cindy Xie <email@example.com>
- Technical Lead: Saul Wold <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Brent Rowsell <Brent.Rowsell@windriver.com>
- Core Reviewers for "stx-integ" project: Saul Wold <email@example.com>; Brent Rowsell <Brent.Rowsell@windriver.com>; Scott Little (firstname.lastname@example.org); Bob Church(Robert.Church@windriver.com); Don Penney (Don.Penney@windriver.com )
- Contributors: Austin Sun <email@example.com>; Yi Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Shuicheng Lin <email@example.com>; Yan Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Ghada Khalil <email@example.com>; Jim Somerville <Jim.Somerville@windriver.com>; Zhipeng Liu <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
- Cadence and time slot:
- Wednesday 9AM EDT (10PM China time for Winter)
- Call Details:
- Meeting Agenda and Minutes:
Team Objective / Priorities
- Responsible for non-OpenStack (Ceph included) patches in StarlingX to upstream
- Libvirt and qemu patches analysis and upstream/upgrading.
- Responsible for non-OpenStack components (RPM & sRPM, Ceph included) upgrade in the distribution with CentOS 7 LTS
- Short Term Priorities (2018)
- Reduce non-OpenStack patches by 10% by end of 2018, stretch goal of 30%
- Upgrade CentOS from 7.4 to 7.5 in stx.2018.10 release
- Long Term Priorities (2019)
- Reduce non-OpenStack patches by 50% by mid of 2019 and 90% by end of 2019
- upgrade CentOS 7.x LTS in 2019
Story Board Tags
All story board stories created for this team should use the tag "stx.distro.other". Worklist for active story in this sub-project has been created: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/worklist/450
Team Work Items
- Story Board
- Launchpad Bugs
- The Etherpad that contains a previous version of the Story list (now mostly obsolete) is here.
- 'Ensure all branding, UI and logos say "StarlingX" (waiting on art assets ETA end of July)
- TBD: Should updating to CentOS 7.5 and updating qemy/libvirt be tracked in the Distro project or in their own projects? [Ghada: I believe we agreed this will be tracked by the Distro Non-Openstack team] - stories created.
- Upstream patch submission for other (non-Openstack) projects (ToDo: split up into sub-sub projects) https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/worklist/358 - all patches are tracked using a patch master xls sheet: here
- Capture status - what's the cadence? weekly?