Solum/solum kilo demo
Set Up Your Own Demo Environment
You can set up your own demo environment to run your own installation of Solum with Devstack in a vagrant box. This uses VirtualBox as the default provider, so it will work on a Mac or PC with Vagrant and VirtualBox loaded. The demo system can actually deploy an application, and has a fully functional CLI included.
Solum Demo Vagrant Installation Instructions
1. Install Vagrant (http://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html). Tested with Vagrant v1.6.3
2. Make a directory vagrant repository.
mkdir ~/Solum-Demo cd ~/Solum-Demo git clone https://github.com/rackerlabs/vagrant-solum-dev.git vagrant
3. Git clone solum and python-solumclient code:
cd git clone https://github.com/stackforge/solum.git solum git clone https://github.com/stackforge/python-solumclient.git python-solumclient
3. Set the following environment variables.
export SOLUM_IMAGE_FORMAT=docker export SOLUM=<path-to-the-directory-where-you-cloned-solum> export SOLUMCLIENT=<path-to-the-directory-where-you-cloned-python-solumclient>
4. Create the demo environment on your system:
cd ~/Solum-Demo/vagrant vagrant up
NOTE: This may take between about 15 and 60 minutes to install, depending on the speed of your machine and network.
5. Login to vagrant VM
6. Now you are ready to experiment deploying your applications using Solum.
7. Start with the Quick start guide here: https://solum.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting_started/index.html
8. You can follow the steps of creating a language pack, creating an app, deploying the app, etc.