- 1 Solum FAQ
- 1.1 What Languages are supported?
- 1.2 Are you applying for OpenStack incubation?
- 1.3 How will you handle offering feature X?
- 1.4 Do you have working code I can use now?
- 1.5 I am interested in Solum, how can I get involved?
- 1.6 Will you have a session at the Icehouse OpenStack Design Summit in Hong Kong?
- 1.7 How do you pronounce Solum?
What Languages are supported?
Solum is designed to work with any programming language. To make your code work, you can use one of the existing Language Packs, or create your own. Language Packs for popular languages are likely to be contributed first.
Are you applying for OpenStack incubation?
Solum became official OpenStack project in June 2015.
How will you handle offering feature X?
If there is a prevailing vendor neutral solution in the Openstack ecosystem for a feature, we prefer to leverage that. For example orchestration and auto-scale will be handled by Heat, and Identity services will leverage Keystone. We do not intend to duplicate functionality.
Do you have working code I can use now?
Rackspace has developed an experimental prototype, but project Solum is being started from the ground-up as an open design with all code coming from community contributors, and all key design decisions being made in the open. All code is reviewed in the open. Because the Solum code is just beginning, we are only seeking new contributors at this time, not end users.
I am interested in Solum, how can I get involved?
Attend our weekly IRC meetings, and follow the mailing list. Look for bugs in our Launchpad project that are labeled as low-hanging-fruit.
Will you have a session at the Icehouse OpenStack Design Summit in Hong Kong?
- Lightening Talk: Tuesday, November 5th 1:40 pm
- Unconference: Solum - Goal, Vision, Roadmap: Wednesday, November 6th 12:05 -12:45 pm
- Unconference: Solum - what OpenStack services should it leverage: Thursday, November 7th 5:20 - 6:00 pm
- Panel: Putting the PaaS in OpenStack with Heat, Docker, & Solum! Friday, November 8th 3:10pm - 3:50pm
How do you pronounce Solum?
Soe-lum. It sounds like poem (not column).