New Project Name
Sahara project was known as Savanna until March 2014, when the project was renamed to avoid trademark issues.
Key New Features
- Sahara in DevStack: Sahara will be installed with the DevStack if you add ENABLED_SERVICES+=,sahara line to your localrc.
- Integration with Heat: Heat is now supported as a provisioning engine. When the engine is enabled Heat manages all the infrastructure: instances, floating IPs, volumes, etc.
- Hadoop 2: Vanilla and HDP plugins now support Hadoop 2 for both provisioning and EDP.
- New EDP actions: MapReduce.Streaming and Java actions are now supported.
- CLI client: python-saharaclient now provides CLI interface along with Python bindings.