Release Naming/U Proposals
U Release Naming; 'U' 版本发行命名
According to the Release Naming Process, this page will contain a list of nominated names for the U release of OpenStack. We will accept nominations until July 21st 2019 (UTC). The upcoming OpenInfra Summit will be held in Shanghai, China.
本网页将收几OpenStack ‘U’ 版本发行的命名提名。下届OpenInfra Summit将在中国上海举办。
Release Name Criteria; 版本发行名称的条件
- Each release name must start with the letter of the ISO basic Latin alphabet following the initial letter of the previous release, starting with the initial release of "Austin". After "Z", the next name should start with "A" again.
- The name must be composed only of the 26 characters of the ISO basic Latin alphabet. Names which can be transliterated into this character set are also acceptable.
- The name must refer to the physical or human geography of the region encompassing the location of the OpenStack design summit for the corresponding release. The exact boundaries of the geographic region under consideration must be declared before the opening of nominations, as part of the initiation of the selection process.
每个版本发行的名称必需是一个OpenStack design summit地理区域内的一个地理名称。
- The name must be a single word with a maximum of 10 characters. Words that describe the feature should not be included, so "Foo City" or "Foo Peak" would both be eligible as "Foo".
Names which do not meet these criteria but otherwise sound really cool should be added to a separate section of the wiki page and the TC may make an exception for one or more of them to be considered in the Condorcet poll. The naming official is responsible for presenting the list of exceptional names for consideration to the TC before the poll opens.
Naming Criteria Clarification
- Spelling. Currently, the most popular system of romanization of Mandarin is the Hanyu Pinyin. Unfortunately, Hanyu Pinyin does not produce any romanization which begins with the letter U. In order to allow for U names, romanizations produced by other recognized systems shall be admissible.
- In addition to the romanized names produced by one of the recognized romanization systems, traditional and customary spellings of names are also admissible.
Exact Geographic Region; 准确的地理区域
The Geographic Region from where names for the U release will come is Shanghai plus all top level administrative divisions up to two hops from Shanghai.
- The municipality of Shanghai. (Note that Shanghai, being a top level administrative division of China, is not part of a province. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-administered_municipalities_of_China#Current_PRC_municipalities
- All top level administrative divisions of China which borders Shanghai. (Jiangsu, Zhejiang)
- All All top level administrative divisions of China which borders those in 2 above. (Shandong, Anhui, Jiangxi, Fujian)
Proposed Names; 提名
- 乌镇镇 [GR]:Ujenn [PY]:Wuzhen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuzhen
- 温州市 [GR]:Uanjou [PY]:Wenzhou https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenzhou
- 乌衣巷 [GR]:Ui [PY]:Wuyi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuyi_Lane
- 温岭市 [GR]:Uanliing [PY]:Wenling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenling
- 威海市 [GR]:Ueihae [PY]:Weihai https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weihai
- 微山湖 [GR]:Ueishan [PY]:Weishan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nansi_Lake
- 乌鲁木齐市 Urumqi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cr%C3%BCmqi (the name is in Uyghur; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name. Pinyin would be Wūlǔmùqí)
- 乌苏里江 Ussri https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussuri_River (the name is shared among Mongolian/Manchu/Russian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name. Pinyin would be Wūsūlǐ)
- 乌兰察布市 Ulanqab https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulanqab (the name is in Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name. Pinyin would be Wūlánchábù)
- 乌兰浩特市 Ulanhot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulanhot (the name is in Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name. Pinyin would be Wūlánhàotè)
- 乌兰苏海组 Ulansu (Ulansu sea) (the name is in Mongolian)
- 乌拉特中旗 Urad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urad_Middle_Banner (the name is in Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name. Pinyin would be Wūlātè)
- 东/西乌珠穆沁旗 Ujimqin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ujimqin (the name is in Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name. Pinyin would be Wūzhūmùqìn)
- Ula "Miocene Baogeda Ula" (the name is in Mongolian)
Proposed Names that do not meet the criteria; 不符合表准的名称提名
NOTE: Not part of the outlined geographic region