Quantum System Test seeks to test the whole of Quantum to confirm functionality, performance, and behavior in various unexpected scenarios.
Here are a few things we should be thinking about for system test:
- Quantum operating as part of a cloud with other "interface services" like nova.
- Behavior in larger multi-node environments (unit tests often just run on a single node deployment)
- Behavior in unexpected or failure scenarios.
- Behavior across different configuration options (e.g., quantum plugins, hypervisor backends, database types, etc)
- System security in the face of malicious users.
Handling system test will likely require access to a lab environment to be able to setup non-trivial topologies.