In order to better communicate the progress of the QA team to the overall community, Tempest contributors think it would be a good idea to get into a regular cadence of posting a QA meeting agenda prior to the weekly QA IRC meeting and posting a summary of the meeting.
For lack fo a better term, we'll use the term "QA Captain" to describe the duties of publishing these things to the main mailing list.
This page serves as a simple rotating schedule for the QA team members to serve as the QA captain for the week.
Instructions for QA Captain
- Create an agenda for the meeting using the below template based on what happened at the last QA meeting, normal items for discussion, and feedback you gather from QA team members
- Copy the agenda into the wiki QA Meeting page
- Send the agenda out to both the main mailing list as well as the QA mailing list on or before close of business on Wednesday before the weekly IRC meeting
- After the weekly QA IRC meeting create a meeting summary using the template below and send the summary to the main mailing list as well as the QA mailing list before end of day on the Thursday
- Inform the next person on captain rotation that they are on duty the following week
The weekly QA Team meeting takes place at 17:00 UTC on IRC (#openstack-meeting on Freenode). We invite anyone interested in testing, quality assurance and performance engineering to attend the weekly meeting. The agenda for this week is as follows: * Review of last week's action items <LIST ACTION ITEMS> * Blockers preventing work from moving forward <LIST BLOCKING ITEMS> * Outstanding code reviews Review all outstanding code reviews in the queue: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/tempest,n,z * New items for discussion <LIST NEW ITEMS> * Work in progress that will be landing soon <LIST ITEMS> * Open discussion
Meeting Summary Tempate
The QA team had its weekly IRC meeting today. Here is a summary of the action items and decisions coming out of the meeting. * Action items <LIST ACTION ITEMS> * Decisions made <LIST DECISIONS, if any> * Blockers identified <LIST IDENTIFIED BLOCKING ITEMS>
- Week 17 (Apr 22 - Apr 28) - JayPipes
- Week 18 (Apr 29 - May 05) - DavidKranz
- Week 19 (May 06 - May 12) - DarylWalleck
- Week 20 (May 13 - May 19) - RaviVenkatesan
- Week 21 (May 20 - May 26) - JayPipes
- Week 22 (May 27 - Jun 02) - DavidKranz
- Week 23 (Jun 03 - Jun 06) - DarylWalleck
- Week 24 (Jun 07 - Jun 13) - RaviVenkatesan
- Week 25 (Jun 14 - Jun 20) - JayPipes
- Week 26 (Jun 21 - Jun 27) - DavidKranz
- Week 27 (Jun 28 - Jul 07) - DarylWalleck
- Week 28 (Jul 08 - Jul 14) - RaviVenkatesan