These docs are outdated, but kept here for historical reasons and search access. To view the latest docs, please refer to http://docs.openstack.org/developer/puppet-openstack-guide/
|Module Version||OpenStack Version||OpenStack Version Codename||Community Supported|
|8.z.y (not released yet)||2016.1.x||Mitaka||yes (current master)|
- From Kilo, some modules are released and approved on https://forge.puppetlabs.com/openstack
- For Juno and before, some modules were released on https://forge.puppetlabs.com/stackforge
How to release Puppet modules
Steps to release a Puppet moduleː
- Use the spreadsheet to synchronize the work.
- Make sure there is no blocking patch under review (ieː critical bug)
- Update README with the new release codename & version number
- Update CHANGELOG. You can use some tools to easily get git diff between branches.
- Create the stable branch in Gerrit if needed. See "https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/projects/openstack/puppet-XX,branches" (XX is the module name)
- Push the tag and generate Puppetforge artifact. You can use some tools to automate it.
- Update Release table
- Upload the artifact to Puppetlabs forge
- Update launchpad projects with some tools to automate it.
- Make public announcement on openstack-dev using [puppet] tag