* Tobias Rydberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> * Howard Huang <email@example.com> * Sean Handley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The aim of this group is to represent the interests of the OpenStack public cloud provider community, and to further adoption of OpenStack public cloud usage.
- Internal: we represent the voice of OS-based public cloud providers towards the rest of OS community
- External: we represent the OS-based cloud providers towards the market (what are our value strengths), the press (what we think), the customers (what we sell), the other non-OS providers (regulation, fair competition etc) especially valid for EU based ones
Agreed goals for Sydney summit are :
OpenStack Public Cloud WG EU Meetup Series
- OpenStack UK Day London (26th September)
- OpenStack Nordic Days Copenhagen (18-19th October)
Keep "Missing features list" up to date with references to specs, status, commits etc
- Convert items in list to specs when needed
- Keep the spreadsheet for new items and as reference
- Set the structure for how to work with the list and the specs
OpenStack Public Cloud Passport
- Prepaid Coupons valid for any public cloud participating
- Design the technical solution
- Passport in badges at Summit
The NIST definition of a Public Cloud as a deployment model is:
"The cloud infrastructure is provisioned for open use by the general public. It may be owned, managed, and operated by a business, academic, or government organisation, or some combination of them. It exists on the premises of the cloud provider."
This is further expanded within the context of this Working Group by the following:
- Offers publicly accessible native OpenStack APIs.
No formal membership is required. Please introduce yourself and/or fellow colleagues to this working group using one of the mailing lists below, or by attending one of the IRC meetings.
This group is open to all members of the OpenStack public cloud provider community and supporting vendors.
The default communication of our members is via the following open community mailing lists:
- email@example.com for coordination of working group activities. Please prefix email subject lines with the tag "[publiccloud-wg]".
- firstname.lastname@example.org for operational discussion of public cloud related OpenStack deployment issues. Please prefix email subject lines with the tag "[publiccloud]".
Please use the hashtag "publiccloud-wg" for tagging any etherpad URLs, code, blog posts and/or other social publishing platforms.
Initial meeting schedule was defined via a Doodle poll carried out after a discussion thread on the openstack-operators and user-committee lists. This is currently :
- Bi-weekly on odd weeks on Wednesdays at 1400 UTC in IRC channel #openstack-meeting-3
Meeting agenda can be found at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/publiccloud-wg
Full details (including a calendar file) are available at http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/publiccloud_wg If you need help getting started with IRC see http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/irc.html.
A single group operating over multiple cycles.