The OpenStack Personas Working Group
This is the project page for the OpenStack Personas Working Group. The first meeting for this group was held on January 17, 2014, at which the following was decided:
- Goal: To make clear the needs of the people who are consuming OpenStack, so the community understands what the product they're building needs to provide.
- Initially the focus will be on technically-focused personas in order to ease development and also get community buy-in.
- Methodology will be based on creating personas using the following video as guidance: http://aycl.uie.com/virtual_seminars/building_personas_in_30_days_or_less; rather than be site-visit focused, it will be more questionnaire focused.
- Initial "buckets" (categories) that we will focus on are: Operator, User, Developer. These are intentionally broad.
- Within those buckets will go the roles defined below (lines 68 to 165 in the OpenStack Personas Working Group Etherpad ), as agreed by the working group.
- Once we have roles, we will develop questions and recruit participants.
- Roles are designed to make sure we haven't missed sub-groups within the buckets, and to facilitate question creation.
- Decisions will be discussed in meetings but "ratified" on the mailing list, in case people miss the meeting.
We now have an ecosystem of personas. The personas are organized as ecosystems that shape user roles and goals. An ecosystem represents an organization or a company that can influence the user's roles and responsibilities. This compilation of personas was the result of many hours of research and interviews.
- Subscribe to the "openstack-personas" mailing list at http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-personas.
Persona Workstream and Related Documents
- OpenStack Personas Ecosystem
- OpenStack Persona Screener
- OpenStack Persona Interview Questionnaire
- Potential Personas
- Reference Material
- Persona Session Videos from OpenStack Summits
Related Workstream Efforts:
Return to OpenStack UX Wiki