Horizon Usability Testing Screener
A Usability Study for Horizon is planned for week of 24 February 2014.
Screener Invitation Message
“We're looking for a few people to participate in a usability study to help improve the overall user experience for OpenStack Horizon. It’s important to note that the results from the study will be shared with the community.
You're not required to be familiar with the OpenStack project or Horizon to participate in the study. In fact, we prefer to have a few people that have never used Horizon, but are familiar with the basic concepts related to managing a cloud.
The survey should take no more than a few minutes to complete and intended to identify people who meet the screener criteria for the study.
The following is the screener / questionnaire for the Horizon Usability Study (which is planned for week of February 24, 2014):
Updated screener for usability (as of 02/14/2014)
What company do your work for?
What is your job title?
What is your primary job role?
How many years have you performed system administration and/or network management/administration? <-- Are we only looking for Administrators? What about the other user roles, e.g. consumer, tenant administator?
How many people work for your organization worldwide? Please take into account all branches and locations.
- Less than 50
- 50 - 100
- 100 - 500
- More than 10,000
What is the primary business or industry of your company?
- Internet Service Provider
- Engineering, architecture, R&D
- Education or nonprofit
- Finance, banking, accounting, insurance, or real estate
- Healthcare or medical
- IT Consulting
- Retailer, distributor, or wholesaler
- Transportation, utilities, or communication
- Oil and Gas
Do you manage or use cloud services?
Does your IT department currently offer cloud computing services at you company?
Please select the cloud service providers and technologies that you have good working knowledge of.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2)
- Google Compute Engine
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- VMware vCloud Hybrid Service
- Other (please specify)
Do your PRIMARY job responsibilities include any of the following? <-- some of the answers overlap (i.e. #2 and #4) Is this to call out only Administrators and Operators?
- Server Infrastructure provisioning and orchestration
- Ongoing server management Infrastructure (physical and virtual) management
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Infrastructure configuration planning (e.g. Planning for how the servers, storage and networks tie together to meet the needs of the line of business end users) Infrastructure Architecture Planning and Design
- Managing physical and/or virtual infrastructures
Which of the following SERVER infrastructure administration tasks do you perform at least once a month? <-- What is this question solving for qualification? This is limited to an Administrator and missing answers!)
- Deploy and Install and configure an OS using an automated deployment tools such as RDP
- Multi-server deployment through orchestration tools or scripts Automated/scripted multi server deployment
- Manage storage devices as part of your role as a server admin (interacting with storage admins); requesting resources from storage admin, configuration, troubleshooting
- Managed networking devices; requesting resources from network admin, configuration, troubleshooting, etc.
- Creating and managing virtual servers (at least 6)
- Manage a cloud (Matrix, OpenStack, vCloud Director, etc.)
- Not applicable
As an IT professional, what percent of your time do you use the following software on a daily basis:
- None of the above
How many virtual servers are there in your server environment? <-- Is this informational? How does this qualify the user? This seems like it's buyer related question
- Less than 25
- More than 25
Who owns the servers in your company? <-- Is this informational? How does this qualify the user? This seems like it's buyer related question
- Centrally owned by IT
- Owned by the business units
- Not sure
- Other (please specify)
Please provide your email so we can potentially contact you for a study.
Return to Personas Wiki