This is the main wiki page for the OpenStack Operators project. This is the community collaboration wiki page(s) and have been agreed upon. Please don't hesitate to look around!
OSOps is a project to help get shared Operators tools, experiences, and workflows in one location; they may range from useful scripts/configs to fully supported tools. People are encouraged to contribute tools and knowledge to fix issues seen in the field today while waiting for fixes from upstream or for upstream to make the current issues obsolete. OSOps is designed to help elevate the people who run OpenStack clouds and help share common pitfalls in any scale of their cloud. Anyone interested in running an OpenStack cloud should consider watching the OSOps project.
Our Launchpad is here.
Our Bug reports are here.
We use the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. If there are questions specifically about this project, the tag is [osops] and the different repo name [example-config] for instance.
We have an official meeting time at Every two weeks (on odd weeks) on Monday at 1400 UTC in #openstack-meeting-5, our agendas are posted here.
- OSOps Coda - Coda is a Horizon dashboard and panel (both share the name) that facilitates resource clean up of a project once that project is no longer needed
- OSOps Contribution Tooling - A place for scripts and tools can get pushed up for the greater OpenStack Operator community to use. There are no coding standards here, but every tool is at least visually checked via the core membership for anything that looks malicious. Use at your own risk.
- OSOps Example Config - A place for example configurations of different OpenStack clouds. Please if you want to contribute to this scrub your configuration of any sensitive data.
- OSOps Generic Tooling - A repo of curated tools and scripts. These have been verified that do what they say, pass our coding standards and have been found useful by the Operating Community.
- OSOps Logging Tooling - A repo for tools that sit around or help deal with Logging in OpenStack Clouds.
- OSOps Monitoring Tooling - A shared repo for monitoring portions of OpenStack clouds. This can be a simple as a Nagios check for glance to full suites of tooling.
Overview moving code
If you would like to move from OSOps Contribution Tooling to OSOps Generic Tooling this is the general process. The anyone can suggest moving a tool from contrib to generic, it's only marked as core to help the flow of the diagram.
We don't plan on having releases, but we do plan on collecting useful resources for anything ranging from Junior to Senior level administrators.