Avaya Neutron Plugin
The Avaya Neutron Plugin manages the Avaya ToR switches by the Avaya Fx SDN Controller and utilizes the Avaya Fabric technologies. The Avaya Neutron Plugin is capable of configuring the the Avaya ToR switches' ports with traditional VLAN and Avaya's Fabric Network I-SID through the Avaya SDN Fx Controller.
Avaya's Shortest Path Bridging
By utilizing the next generation virtual LAN technology for the world of cloud computing the IEEE 802.1aq which is more commonly known as Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) enables unparalleled flexibility for building, deploying, and managing Ethernet networks and empowers distributed, interconnected, high-performance enterprise networking infrastructure.
The IEEE’s next generation VLAN which is called an “I-SID”, SPB supports 16-million unique Services (compared with the VLAN limit of four thousand). And, because SPB’s I-SID is a true Service ID, once it is provisioned at the edge, the network core automatically interconnects like I-SID endpoints to create a contiguous “Service” that leverages all links and equal cost connections using an enhanced shortest path algorithm.
For detailed information please refer https://www.avaya.com/en/product/fabric-connect/ and https://www.avaya.com/en/product/fabric-orchestrator/.
The Avaya Neutron Plugin
The Avaya Neutron Plugin including the Type and Mechanism drivers for SPB networks and supports,
- The different OpenStack deployments – tradition neutron with DVR, provider network and bare-metal deployment.
- The OpenStack default Layer 3 functionalities - floating IP, NAT and so on.
- The mainstream OpenStack distributions and certified for OpenStack Newton release.
The Avaya SDN Fx Controller
The Avaya SDN Fx Controller is a platform which includes application frameworks for accessing network functions through North and South Bound APIs. Since network, security, policy and database services are offloaded to the SDN Fx Controller, this architecture allows rapid SDN Applications development.
For more information about Avaya SDN technology please refer https://www.avaya.com/en/products/software-defined-networking/ for more information.
The Avaya SDN Fx Controller supports,
- Northbound REST APIs interfacing with OpenStack ML2 driver.
- Southbound APIs interfacing with Avaya ToR Switch and FA-OVS.
- Provisioning Avaya VSP/ESR switches directly or via FA-OVS on OpenStack compute node.
The Avaya Data Center Switch
The Avaya Neutron Plugin supports Avaya’s switches which include,
- Avaya VSP series switch(es)
- Avaya ERS series switch(es)
For details please feel free to contact Ravi Palaparthi