- 1 Newton
- 2 Mitaka (April, 2016)
- 3 Liberty (October, 2015)
- 4 Kilo (April, 2015)
- 5 Juno (October, 2014)
- 6 Version 0.5 (middle of April 2014)
- 7 Version 0.4.1 (February 10, 2014)
- 8 Version 0.4 (Dec 20, 2013 - released)
- 9 Version 0.3 (Nov 25, 2013 - released)
- 10 Version 0.2.1 (Sep 30th 2013 - released)
- 11 Version 0.2.11 (Oct 1th 2013 - released)
- 12 Version 0.2 (Sep 5th 2013 - released)
- 13 Version 0.1 - Basic services provisioning (May 30th - released)
Please refer to https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/murano-newton-priorities for the list of Murano team priorities for Newton cycle
Mitaka (April, 2016)
Starting with Mitaka cycle Murano project started using Reno for it's release notes. Please refer to the following pages:
- murano: http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/murano/mitaka.html
- murano-dashboard: http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/murano-dashboard/mitaka.html
- python-muranoclient: http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/python-muranoclient/mitaka.html
- murano-agent: http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/murano-agent/mitaka.html
Liberty (October, 2015)
- Improved UI for Heat-based packages in Murano // blueprint
- Ability to select network for environment and application // blueprint
- Ability to abandon environment // blueprint
- Name field removed from object model as required field // blueprint
- Migrate to newer version of YAQL // blueprint
- Add application versioning // blueprint
- Migration to Glance Artifact Repository as a backend for Murano // blueprint
- Add support for heat environments and files // blueprint
Kilo (April, 2015)
- Murano Dashboard installation as plugin to OpenStack Dashboard // blueprint
- Call application actions from Murano Dashboard // blueprint
- Get application actions result // blueprint
- Manage categories for applications // blueprint | spec
- Add applications to environment using drag-n-drop // blueprint
- Per-class configuration options // blueprint
- Handling authentication expiration for long-running deployments // blueprint | spec
- Extend Murano with pluggable python-based classes for MuranoPL // blueprint | spec
- Policy Guided Fulfillment
- Configure environment network defaults // blueprint
- Deploy applications to existing Neutron networks // blueprint
- Support for nova-network // blueprint
Juno (October, 2014)
New Key Features:
- Applications, based on Hot templates are now supported.
- Additional author/supplier information // blueprint
- Support of **actions** with deployed applications. Application author may set any action in the application definition.
- Policy-based authentication support.
- Pagination is now supported by Application Catalog UI.
- Murano PL exception handling was totally reworked and improved.
|Environments, that hanged up during deployment can't be deleted||Remove information about this invironment in database|
|Localisation is not supported by dymanic UI||Use latin transcription|
|Dashboard gets down when Murano API service is not running||Check murano-api is running, it's port and check, that MURANO_API_URL is present in the horizon settings|
- Murano-API and Murano-Engine service are now in a single repository
- Murano-Metadata API is included to the Murano-API and repository for that service is not supported anymore
Config file upgrade
- Sample config file was renamed from *murano-api.conf.example* to *murano.conf*.
- Now it generates automatically with a special OpenStack tool
- In new version Murano agent could be disabled with *disable_murano_agent* parameter.
- New parameters in [networking] section provide opportunity to set up automatic router creation and network configuration.
- New [rabbitmq] section is used by engine service and should contain similar configuration to a in default Rabbit MQ parameters.
- New [stats] section provides opportunity to manage statistic collection.
- Unit and integration tests of all Murano components were totally reworked and extended, infrastructure for them was updated.
Version 0.5 (middle of April 2014)
- New feature set: Basic application catalog functionality:
- Changes per module:
Version 0.4.1 (February 10, 2014)
- Bug fix release
- Key-pair for Linux Services
- Per-tenant isolation
- Dynamic UI optimization
- Murano installation with devstack
- Neutrone Load Balancer for farm services
- Floating IP auto-assigning
Version 0.4 (Dec 20, 2013 - released)
Version 0.3 (Nov 25, 2013 - released)
- Support for GNU/Linux.
- New UI for marking images with Murano specific metadata.
- Use Quantum for networking
Version 0.2.1 (Sep 30th 2013 - released)
- Bug fix release.
- Known issues:
- Bug with mysql database (Murano API can not use mysql data base, fixed in release 0.2.11)
Version 0.2.11 (Oct 1th 2013 - released)
- Critical bug fix release.
Version 0.2 (Sep 5th 2013 - released)
- Stabilize Core Services (bug fixing).
- REST API generalization.
- Wokflow diagnostics in Murano Conductor.
- Dynamic UI (UI forms built on YAML definitions without any custom code).
- Ability to select Windows image, Availability Zone and instance flavor.
- Detailed documentation including on writing XML Workflows.
- Support for SSL both in REST API and RabbitMQ communications.
- Improved HA for Murano Conductor.
- Packages for CentOS 6.4.
- Additional Services:
- Support for External Active Directory.
- MS SQL Single Instance.
- MS SQL Server AlwaysOn Cluster.
Version 0.1 - Basic services provisioning (May 30th - released)
- Core Services: REST API, Orchestration Engine.
- Horizon dashboard extension as plugin.
- Integration with Heat.
- Support single Data Center (no Disaster Recovery).
- Support the following Windows Services:
- Active Directory - Single Domain with multiple domain controllers.
- IIS Server - single instance of IIS Server.
- IIS Web Farm - multiple IIS instances behind load balancer.
- ASP.NET Application Service - ASP.NET application installed on top of IIS.
- ASP.NET Web Farm - ASP.NET application with several instances behind load balancer.