Mellanox ML2 Mechanism Driver implements the ML2 Plugin Mechanism Driver API.
This driver supports Mellanox embedded switch functionality as part of the VPI (Ethernet/InfiniBand) HCA. Mellanox ML2 Mechanism Driver provides a functional parity with Mellanox Neutron plugin.
Mellanox ML2 Mechanism Driver supports DIRECT (PCI passthrough) vNIC type. For vNIC type configuration API details, please refer to configuration reference guide. Hardware vNICs mapped to the guest VMs allow higher performance and advanced features such as Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA).
The driver supports VLAN network type to facilitate virtual networks either on Ethernet or on InfiniBand fabrics.
- Mellanox OpenStack Neutron Agent (L2 Agent) runs on each compute node.
- Agent should apply VIF connectivity based on mapping between a VIF (VM vNIC) and an embedded switch port.
- Mellanox ConnectX®-3/Mellanox ConnectX®-3 PRO Network Adapter with Mellanox OFED 2.4 or greater
- Mellanox ConnectX®-4 Network Adapter with MLNX_OFED_LINUX-3.1-1.5.7 and greater.
- Mellanox OFED download page
For Liberty release Information refer to the relevant OS as follows: