'Help needed': If you want to help administer our mailman installation please contact email@example.com
The firstname.lastname@example.org general mailing list is the most active list. You should join this list when you start to know OpenStack. Request for help and community announcements are allowed on this list. Its rate can be up to 100 messages per day.
You should follow the MailingListEtiquette guidelines for posting to this list.
The list is archived in several places:
Note: this general list was previously set up at lists.launchpad.net.
Announcements about the OpenStack project like product release information and security advisories. This is a low-traffic, read-only list.
- Subscribe: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-announce
- Archives: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/
This high-traffic list for the developers of OpenStack to discuss development issues and roadmap. It is focused on the next release of OpenStack: you should post on this list if you are a contributor to OpenStack or are very familiar with OpenStack development and want to discuss very precise topics, contribution ideas and similar. Do not ask support requests on this list.
- Subscribe: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev
- Archives: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/
Note that this is a single development list for all OpenStack projects. You can use Mailman Topics (on the [Subscribe] page) to help with sorting and filtering messages. Please read the [recent] [threads] to see why suggestions to split the list by projects might be met with strong resistance. You can use Topics to filter the list and have nearly the same effect if you only want to see messages for specific projects.
- Short guide to using topics: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/019233.html
- Recent summary of why: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/021281.html
- Summary of Stackforge list discussions: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/019295.html
This is a specific list for existing OpenStack cloud operators. It is a forum to exchange best practices around operating an OpenStack installation at scale. You can ask for support on this list.
- Subscribe: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
- Archives: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/
This list for the QA team members to discuss items related to upstream QA and Quality Engineering. Topics include: test suites, gating, coverage, etc.
- Subscribe: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-qa
- Archives: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-qa/
Hosts the community discussion around the OpenStack Foundation setup.
- Subscribe: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/foundation
- Archives: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/
Discussions about the OpenStack International User Groups Community.The OpenStack International User Groups Community team is the main contact point for anybody running a local OpenStack User Group. Add your group to OpenStackUsersGroup.
- Subscribe: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/community
- Archives: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/community/
Discussions on topics within OpenStack that require a strong security focus or issues that should be brought to the attention of the security community within OpenStack. Home of the OpenStack Security Group and a central point for co-ordinating security projects.
- Subscribe: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-security
- Archives: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-security/
- openstack-tc: Technical Committee members discussion list. Subscribe
- openstack-docs: Documentation efforts. Subscribe
- openstack-hpc: High Performance Computing discussions. Subscribe
- openstack-infra: OpenStack Infrastructure (CI) discussions. Subscribe
- openstack-stable-maint: A mailing list for the OpenStack Stable Maintenance Team. Subscribe
- openstack-i18n: Internationalisation and translation discussions. Subscribe