Ironic Quality / Testing
This page is about how to improve the quality of Ironic. With a focus on testing, but also other improvements such as code refactoring, etc...
Need more contributors
More contributors is needed for this work, especially functional testing. If interested please contact me (John Villalovos). I am jlvillal on IRC
Define Functional Testing
We need to define what functional testing is in the scope of OpenStack. As a guideline will use the functional testing that Nova has done.
Thoughts on what functional testing is:
- No usage of the mock library
- Minimize interaction with other OpenStack components, such as Nova, Keystone, etc...
- Run Ironic stand-alone as much as possible.
Scope of work
Document work to do for Functional Testing in Ironic
- Examine ironic-inspector functional testing work
- Examine Nova client functional testing work
- Examine Nova functional testing work