The work scope of I18n team include:
- Document translation: the translation of OpenStack manuals
- Horizon translation: the translation of OpenStack Dashboard
- Message translation: the translation of user facing messages
- Ad hoc tasks: some translation jobs from community in order to support events and marketings.
- Translation Verification Test: the localization test of OpenStack in non-English environments
- Tools maintainence and improvement
Works for translators
If you want to contribute as a translator, we have several works for you. If while translating you're not sure about the meaning of a word, look it up in the OpenStack glossary.
Translation of Operation Guide
"OpenStack Operation Guide" for Folsom is finished. Doc team wants to set this book as the first priority for translation. You can go to the translation page "Operation Guide" in Transifex and contribute to the translation.
Follow the document translation guide here: Documentation/Translation
Translation of Dashboard
The web user interface of OpenStack is called OpenStack Dashboard. The translation of dashboard is also hosted by Transifex. You can go to the translation page "OpenStack Dashboard" in Transifex and contribute to the translation.
Translation of ask.openstack.org
OpenStack community hosts ask.openstack.org to provide Q&A services. Now the community wants to localize ask.openstack.org and they are calling for help. You can go to the translation page "askbot" in Transifex and contribute to the translation.
Works for developers
If you want to help us maintain our tools, here are some areas that you can contribute. For more information of the tools, please visit I18n/Tools here.
Bug fix: '%' in the translation strings will cause an error in Transifex
Click here for detail information.
Tool to get statistic data in Transifex
We want to get the statistic data from Transifex, not only the completion rate, but also contributors information, such as
- List the contributors
- List the contributions in number of string translation for each contributor
If you are interested in this work, please contact with us through email@example.com.