The OpenStack Technical Committee is one of the governing bodies of the OpenStack project. You can find more information about it, such as the list of its current members or its governance charter, on the OpenStack governance website at http://governance.openstack.org . It meets weekly in an open meeting in the
#openstack-meeting IRC channel on Freenode.
- August 4th, 20:00 UTC
- Chair: Thierry Carrez (ttx)
- Half-cycle introspection on "things the TC should be working on"
- Adds Debian & derivatives packaging to OpenStack 
- Kolla application for Big Tent 
- ATC: Add Cathy Zhang as Neutron ATC 
- Feature deprecation / config deprecation policy tags  
- Workgroup reports
- Open discussion
These items have been proposed, but are not put on the agenda just yet. Could be that they have not been discussed on openstack-dev for the time mandated by our charter yet, or are blocked for some other reason, or are just delayed while we process the earlier requests backlog:
- Add devstack tags  (pending new patchset)
- Adds and apply guidelines for project and service names   (more reviews)
- Add Fuel to OpenStack Projects  (needs more collaboration, waiting for ML discussion threads)
- Add Compass to OpenStack Projects  (learning more of the OpenStack Way)
- [WIP] Add Akanda to OpenStack Projects List  (marked WIP)
- WIP - Add Group Based Policy Project  (marked WIP)
- WIP - add some tags describing roles  (marked WIP)
Apologies for Absence
Proposing discussion topics, motions or other governance changes before the TC
Motions need to be presented before Friday 0800 UTC to be added to the next Tuesday meeting agenda for discussion. They should either be posted as a proposed change to the governance repository (on review.openstack.org) or as a "[tc]" thread to email@example.com, with a pointer to that thread should be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure it gets the required attention from TC members. Upon verification, the TC Chair will put the motion on the agenda for the next meeting.
Before being finally voted on, motions will have to be presented as a governance change. As mandated by our charter, the vote on motions won't be closed until we spent a minimum of 4 business days of public discussions, to give a chance to our wider community to chime in on proposed changes.
Additions of code repositories to existing project teams, as well as other instances of governance repository housekeeping, do not constitute a "motion". Those will be approved a week after being proposed, if they have the required approvals (PTLs in the case of a repository addition) and no TC member -1 vote. A -1 vote will result in the proposed change to be reviewed at the next TC meeting.
Past meetings logs
Logs of past TC meetings can be accessed at: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc