Board of Directors - June 27, 2013 Meeting
The OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors will hold a conference call from 9:00am PST/1700 UTC - 11:00am PST/1900 UTC on June 27, 2013.
To join the session
- Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/k2/j.php?ED=229452887&UID=1614021422&HMAC=719194f6db3d8c7ec456cd6183da44c33f5d0ba7&RT=MiM0
- Enter your name and email address.
- Set up and roll call - Alan
- Review meeting policies
- Amendment to our certificate of incorporation with Delaware for IRS (Board vote) - Jonathan
- Introduction of the Transparency Policy Draft - Lauren
- The draft document is being distributed with the board packet. Feedback and discussion the draft will be through email rather than during the board meeting
- Marketing Committee & Summit planning update (Board discussion) - Lauren
- Legal Affairs Committee - Alice King, Nissa, Van, Steve Pentlicki presenting
- Thank you to Alice King for leading this committee
- Legal Affairs Committee Update on Patent Cooperation Initiatives (Board discussion)
- Committee has narrowed the range of options to three: (i) do nothing, (ii) Google patent pledge, (iii) OIN style cross license, with the OIN-style license having the greatest critical mass at this point. Committee will present a high level summary of each option for the Board, and ask Board members to take some detailed legal language regarding each back to their internal legal organizations.
- Committee members on the call: Alice King, Andrew Sinclair, Brad Haque, Nissa Strottman, Steve Pentlicki; unofficial members are Richard Fontana, Marc Ehrlich, Van Lindberg
- Slides from the Legal Affairs Committee as presented to the OpenStack Board on June 27, 2013: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/File:OSLAC_Update_for_Board_062713.pdf
- update on the "spider chart" discussion - Rob and Alan
- Project usage of Open Source software - Monty
- Quick reports https://etherpad.openstack.org/BoardUniverse
- Election (timeline on target?)