Board of Directors - October 24, 2016 Meeting
The OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors will meet at 8:00am - 5:00pm Barcelona Time on Monday October 24, 2016. This will be a full day face to face meeting for the Directors. The Board meeting will be held at the CCIB Level 2 (Plata 1 in Spanish) Room 111.
To join the session
- Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/k2/j.php?MTID=ted0a9cd0fba22a713a4536a1c5a4c557
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password: This session does not require a password.
- Click "Join Now".
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Session number: 926 584 593
Board Meeting Agenda
- * Chair: Alan Clark, Vice Chair: Lew Tucker
- * Alan and Lew will be managing the webex for this meeting (Julia is unavailable)
- * Minutes: Mark Radcliffe
- * Non official meeting discussion Channels:
- ** webex chat
- ** IRC: #openstack-board
- ** Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/UnofficialBoardNotes-Oct24-2016
- ** network: OSBarcelona16
- ** password: Ocata2016
(8:00) Call To Order, Open Session
- No breakfast will be served
- Roll Call
- Approve minutes from 23 August, 2016 board meeting
(8:10) Executive Director Update (8:20) Committee Actions and Updates
- (8:20) UC committee
- UC Charter progress and current status
- Proposal to modify OpenStack Foundation By-laws
- a. Extend the number UC members from 3 to 5.
- b. Change the UC formation from appointment to an election process. Very similar to what we have for TC but having the AUC members voting instead of the ATC.
- Proposed ammendment to the bylaws requires approval by 2/3 of the Board so long as a quorum is present
- (8:40) New Member Committee - Rob, Anni
- (8:40) 99Cloud (15 minutes)
- (9:00) China Mobile (15 minutes)
- (9:20) China Telecom (15 minutes)
- (9:40) break
- (10:00) City Networks (15 minutes) - Johan Christenson
- (10:20) Deutsche Telekom (15 minutes)
- (10:40) Inspur (15 minutes) - Kevin Huang
- (11:00) break
- (11:20) ZTE (15 minutes)- Luis Blanco
- (11:40) Break
(11:50) Executive Session - Executive Sessions are only open to Board Directors
- Board Working Lunch
- We invite the meeting observers to go downstairs to eat at one of the many hotel restaurants.
- (13:30) Return from Executive Session to Open Session
(13:30) Board Business
Joint Board/TC/User Committee Meeting
- Introduction for new members [5min]
- (14:40) Presentation of the openstack-wide goals initiative [10min]
- (14:50) UC Update, proposed charter [30min]
- (15:20) 'Forum' programming [15min]
- (15:35) Upstream developer investment
- (15:35) Maintaining the base level of contribution, Retaining/Replacing core contributors [10min]
- (15:45) Facilitate the next wave of upstream developer [10min]
- How do we make the resource investment by new companies successful ?
- How to help set expectations for the best way to engage upstream ?
- (15:55) Working with other communities; currently, that cooperation is driven by individual efforts, do we need to put some more structure ? [15min]
- (16:10) Ensure participation of core upstream developers at PTGs and Summit events so that the ops/devs feedback loop is not broken, and teams can keep good productivity levels [15min]
(17:00) Meeting Close
Board related meetings at the Summit
- Monday October 24,
- 8:00 - 2:00pm, Board Meeting
- 2:30 - 5:00PM, Joint TC/UC/Board mtg
- 5:00 - 7:00pm, Designate area for BoD/TC/UC and Media Mingle @ Summit Welcome Booth Crawl CCIB Level 1 (Platna 0 in Spanish)
- There will be a designated area for the BoD / TC / UC and Media to mingle with each other. The Media want some face time with leadership.
- 7:30-9:00pm Joint BoD / TC / UC / OS Staff Dinner (Alan will send directions)
- Tuesday October 25
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm
- Gold and Platinum Member Lunch, Location: AC Hotel, Level 14 (Planta 14 in Spanish) Room Tibidabo
- Thursday October 27,
- 4:10 - 4:40pm, High 5 Board meeting, Location: AC Hotel, Level 14 (Planta 14 in Spanish) Room Tibidabo
- 4:40 - 6:00pm, Joint OPNFV & OpenStack Board meeting, Location: AC Hotel, Level 14 (Planta 14 in Spanish) Room Tibidabo