Board of Directors - April 24, 2016 Meeting
The OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors will meet at 9:00am - 5:00pm Austin Texas Time on Sunday April 24, 2016. This will be a full day face to face meeting for the Directors. The Board meeting will be held at the JW Marriott Level 3, Salons G/H. The Hotel is located by the OpenStack Summit
To join the session
- . Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/k2/j.php?MTID=t5959ec04e0e33582167a68fd4eac7a73
- . Enter your name and email address.
- . Enter the session password: This session does not require a password.
- . Click "Join Now".
- . Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Board Meeting Agenda
- * Chair: Alan Clark, Vice Chair: Lew Tucker
- * Alan and Lew will be managing the webex for this meeting (Julia is unavailable)
- * Minutes: Mark Radcliffe
- * Non official meeting discussion Channels:
- ** webex chat
- ** IRC: #openstack-board
- ** Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/UnofficialBoardNotes-Apr24-2016
(9:00) Call To Order, Open Session
- Roll Call
- Thank you and best wishes to Steve Hallett time and effort, continued support and contributions to the OpenStack Board efforts.
- Welcome to Raj Patel (1 minute introductions)
- Approve minutes from March, 2016 board meeting
(9:20) Executive Director Update (9:50) Committee Actions and Updates
- (9:50) OpenStack UX project - Piet Kruithof PTL (30 min)
- The OpenStack UX project is a pan-project team that engages with the vertical projects to help them understand their users by conducting interviews, usability studies and surveys. In addition, we provide UX designs for projects including Horizon and Ironic.
- Providing services across projects gives OpenStack UX a unique insight into the both the opportunities and challenges across OpenStack. As a result, we would like to chat with the board about the themes we are seeing in the community that impact our customers.
- (10:20) DefCore - Egle, Mark
- (10:40) 15 minute break
- (11:00) New Member Committee - Rob, Anni
- (11:00) UnitedStack (20 minutes)
- (11:30) EasyStack (20 minutes)
(12:00) Executive Session - Executive Sessions are only open to Board Directors
- Board Working Lunch
- We invite the meeting observers to go downstairs to eat at one of the many hotel restaurants.
- (13:30) Return from Executive Session to Open Session
(13:30) Board Business
(13:30) New Topics
- Contribution metrics - Alan, Mark, Allison
Joint Board/TC/User Committee Meeting
(14:30) Proposed Agenda https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/6PuSKyUOHk
- Women of OpenStack Pre-Summit Social sponsored by EMC, IBM, and Intel, Sunday
- You need to have responded to the RSVP
- The Belmont- 305 W 6th Street
- Shuttle Bus Transportation will pick up once at the JW Marriott at 6:00pm. Other shuttles will pickup at the ACC on rotation. Join us to jump start your week at the Summit with a fun evening where you can get to know your fellow Women of OpenStack! IBM, Intel and EMC are proud to host the re-Summit Social - organized by the OpenStack Foundation.
- Gold and Platinum member meeting, Wednesday April 27th
- ACC, Level 3, MR 10B
- Board High-Five Meeting Thursday April 28th
- ACC, Level 3, MR 10B