Steps for cutting a release
- Prepare release notes i doc/source/releasenotes/<codename>.rst
- Prepare an annoucement email such as https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7_uexx7q82UvGO26HEU2YZz8X0wtdsu5_zZP0R_a74/edit
- ensure all the bugs that neeeds to be fixed are fixed
- ensure the review queue is the way you want
At the time of release
- Commit the last changeset needed in the release.
- Verify the tar ball produced by the jenkins job https://jenkins.openstack.org/view/Ceilometer/job/ceilometer-sdist-tarball/ by downloading it from http://tarballs.openstack.org/ceilometer/
- Go to https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/projects/stackforge/ceilometer,branches and check the HEAD revision in master.
- Populate the form with the new branch name ("stable/folsom") and revision (from the HEAD of master, shown on the same page just above the form for making the branch). DO NOT SUBMIT YET.
- Check out HEAD of master. Run "git pull" to make sure you're at the latest version.
- Tag using the version number & push it. You must have administrative permission on the stackforge/ceilometer project in gerrit to do this (nijaba, dhellmann, jd__).
git tag -s $VERSION git push gerrit --tags
- Increment the version number in setup.py and push it through review until it merges.
- Go back to the Gerrit UI and make the branch. Make sure you are using the revision *prior* to incrementing the version number.
- Check github for the tag and branch. This may take a few minutes. Don't panic.
- Check the tar ball directory for the new version number. This may take a few minutes. Don't panic.