Documentation Contributor Guide
About the Documentation Contributor Guide team
Considering the contributors' experience and feedback, we are willing to improve and restructure the Documentation/Conventions page in order to create a full, and neatly organized guide that answers questions that arise in the docs creation workflow.
- Blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/docs-contributor-guide
- Specification: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/liberty/docs-contributor-guide.html
- Use [Contributor Guide] in the subject line of your commits
- While committing a new patch, always add 'Implements: blueprint docs-contributor-guide' to your commit messages. This way, a link to the patch will be automatically added to the blueprint.
Reworking and moving content from Wiki
Sign up for a chapter in the below table, then create a patch in RST in openstack-manuals/doc/contributor-guide/source/ for others to review.
Add the note about the status of a wiki page content relocation to the page you are working on at the moment, so that in case the wiki content is changed, the same changes are made to the rst files.
Adding new content
|Topic title||Comments||Assignee||Gerrit link||Status|
|Licencing and copyrighting||an outline with links to http://www.openstack.org/brand/ https://review.openstack.org/static/cla.html and https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute#Contributors_License_Agreement|
|Screenshots and topologies conventions|
|Team structure||https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams||Olena Logvinova||https://review.openstack.org/#/c/267481||Merged|
- When: weekly on Thursdays at 14:00 UTC (Fridays 12:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time or GMT+10, Wednesday 7:00am Pacific Standard Time)
- Where: Google Hangouts
- Whom to contact to participate: Olga Gusarenko, Maria Zlatkova and Olena Logvinova.