(Redirected from Documentation/ToDo)
#!wiki caution '''This page is outdated''' The content of this page has not been updated for a very long time. Sections of this page are incorrect and irrelevant.
Starting a Documentation To-Do list, not necessarily in priority order.
At the OpenStack Design Summit we discuss priorities for docs and future releases.
Here's a brief to-do list based on incoming requests. Feel free to contact Anne Gentle (anne at openstack dot org) to sign up for any of these tasks.
- Create hardware requirements table for Object Storage.
- Identity management installation and configuration instructions improving those in http://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals.
- Write information about gathering notifications regarding system usage data in the Compute admin guide in http://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals.
- Consolidate installation docs for Nova to give one happy path, ensuring that the happy path is tested and a green light indicates it's good to go.
- Flag change in nova.conf for diablo release - flag is vlan_interface and default changed from 'eth0' to None. When creating networks, you also have to pass in the bridge_interface to use, so nova-manage instructions need updating too.
- Write ajax console doc - start with http://wiki.openstack.org/WebBasedSerialConsole, contact person is Anthony Young, sleepsonthefloor on IRC
- Figure out drawn character placement for docs.openstack.org
- Write Hypervisor docs - Xen, KVM, qemu, hyper-v - in openstack-manuals (Todd Deshane would like to write Xen chapter in openstack-manuals)
- Benchmarking for Swift
- Work with Trey to get docs onto other sites for Xen server implementations
- Test localization on OpenStack wiki
- Getting Started document for Stack on a Stick (Anne sent to Dustin Kirkland, but it doesn't include Swift SAIO)
- Use MySQL Workbench to update the database schema diagrams on Nova Database Schema
- Epub output.
- Rating on docs with a feedback form if rating is less than a 5 of 5.
- Begin marking up Swift dev guide with OpenStack/Rackspace conditions to enable single-sourcing of that document.
You can log a documentation bug against any project including nova, swift, glance, and the openstack-manuals project. Use the "documentation" tag when you log a doc bug in any project.
These bugs are then all viewable on Launchpad at https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack/+bugs?field.tag=documentation
Questions that have come in on IRC lately:
- Are there recommended file system structures for OpenStack Compute?
- Networking: How does the Nova Network component route network traffic? Does it get affected when the compute host goes down?
- Networking and Projects and Users: What are the relationships between networks and projects, what are best practices for particular use cases?