Newton Documentation Testing
This page tracks documentation changes that relate to a particular release.
Use the following draft versions and update the table accordingly. Until distributions release official packages, use the testing etherpad to discuss your testing experience and to suggest patches. After distributions release official packages, use Launchpad to report issues a links to them in the "Issues" section below the table.
Testing these projects:
- Brian Moss <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Alexandra Settle <email@example.com>
- Rodrigo Caballero <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Chris Smart <email@example.com>
- Petr Kovar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Nate Archer <Nate.Archer@rackspace.com>
- Joe Robinson <Joseph.Robinson@rackspace.com>
- Darren Chan <email@example.com>
- Itxaka Serrano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thomas Goirand <email@example.com>
- Tom Fifield <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Nicolas Bock <email@example.com>
|Section||Ubuntu 16.04||RHEL/CentOS 7||openSUSE Leap 42.2||SLES 12 SP1/2||Debian||Debian with debconf|
|Networking: Option 1||✚RC-1||✚RC-2||✚RC-1||✔||✔||✔|
|Networking: Option 2||✔||✚RC-1||✔|
|Launch instance: Networking Option 1||✚RC-2||✚RC-1||✔||✔|
|Launch instance: Networking Option 2||✚RC-1||✔|
|Launch instance: Block Storage||✚RC-2||✚RC-1||✔||✔||✔|
✗ = One or more issues - Please describe below
✚X = Verified with milestone(x) or release candidate(rcX)
✚X = Implemented workaround, verified with milestone(x) or release candidate(rcX)
✔ = Verified with official release
✔ = Implemented workaround, verified with official release
N/A = not available for this distribution
(Ubuntu16.04) Step - Enable the OpenStack repository - running "add-apt-repository cloud-archive:newton-proposed" returns the error "'newton-proposed' not a vaild cloud-archive name".Works fine for me on 16.04 - DC Confirmed, works fine. Make sure you have run apt-get update --TF
(Ubuntu16.04) Identity Service > Install and configure components. Step 3 - running "su -s /bin/sh -c "keystone-manage db_sync" keystone" returns an SQL connection error similar to https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1612409- Confirmed. Looks like mariadb is only listening on 127.0.0.1 - TF. Solved- The directory path to add mySQL configuration files for Xenial has changed from Trusty Tahr. http://docs.openstack.org/draft/install-guide-ubuntu/environment-sql-database.html Step 3. Change directory path to /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/99-openstack.cnf. Also if an identity database has been created, delete it and create it again -DC.https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1628375 Fix merged.
(Ubuntu16.04) Environment -> SQL database says "Choose a suitable password for the database root account." However, in 16.04 the prompt to enter a root password does not appear as it did in 14.04. -- https://review.openstack.org/377270. You can do this when you run the mysql_secure_installation script. I think this step should be moved to the Finalize Installation section. https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1628375. Fix merged
(Ubuntu16.04) Identity Service >Configure the Apache HTTP server. Cannot restart the Apache HTTP server. Solved: Do not create the /etc/apache2/sites-available/wsgi-keystone.conf file mentioned in step 2. Keystone already includes this file -DC https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1628689 This also is valid for Debian.'Fixed for Ubuntu. The file is required for RDO, but can be symlinked from keystone (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/382138/) ' This may apply for openSUSE - can other testers verify this issue?This does not affect openSUSE
- (openSUSE Leap 42.2) All instances of opensuse 42.1 have to be changed to opensuse 42.2 as 42.1 its not a supported target for Newton https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1630915
(openSUSE Leap 42.2) Section: Block Storage service -> Install and configure controller node. Step: Install and configure components, Issue: Cant install python-cinder due to unmeet dependencies, Bug report: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1000731
(SLES12) Launch instance Network option 1: Instances get IP on Neutron, but cant use them. The dhcdiscover inside the VMs does not find anything. Might be local issue.
(SLES12) Launch instance Network option 2: Instances get IP on Neutron, but cant use them. The dhcdiscover inside the VMs does not find anything. Might be local issue.
- (Ubuntu 16.04) In Horizon install, it's not clear what "Comment out any other session storage configuration." means
- (Ubuntu 16.04) In Horizon install, it's asked to specify: "SESSION_ENGINE = 'django.contrib.sessions.backends.cache'", but that option isn't found in the config. Just add the config in /etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings.py. The note above the procedure mentions you might need to add options and sections. -DC
- (Ubuntu 16.04) In Neutron install, it still uses the rpc_backend option, which is DEPRECATED: Replaced by [DEFAULT]/transport_url
- (Ubuntu 16.04) Access the instance using the virtual console: Can't access the instance. Possibly a local network issue.
- (Ubuntu 16.04) Block storage: After creating a volume, the volume status says "error". Possibly a local issue.
(SLES12) Dashboard: Configuration file provided in the package is wrong: https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/430545Fix merged.
(SLES12) Block storage: Missing config file for tgt: https://review.openstack.org/377771Fix merged.
(SLES12) Block storage Launch instance: Missing config file for tgt: https://review.openstack.org/377771Fix merged.
(CentOS 7) delorean repo has moved to http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/rdo-trunk-master-tested/delorean.repo. Patch submitted: https://review.openstack.org/376219- Section removed.