Board of Directors - July 28, 2015 Meeting
The OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors will meet at 9:00am - 5pm Central Standard Time on July 28, 2015. This is a Face To Face Board meeting. Attendees are invited to observe the open session. Location: Room 408/409 of the JW Marriott Hotel, Austin Texas.
Webex is provided for those members of the community whom wish to listen to the proceedings and for the Directors unable to attend in person. Attendees are muted by default to minimize stray noise during the meeting.
To join the session via webex:
- Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/k2/j.php?MTID=te4a4f4e3987a8270e9373ae4f91cc5c4
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password: This session does not require a password.
- Click "Join Now".
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- * Minutes recorded by Mark Radcliffe
- * Timekeeper: Steve Hallett
(9:00) Call To Order, Open Session
- Roll Call
- Approve minutes from May 17, 2015 board meeting
- Thank you and best wishes to Vishvananda Ishaya for his contribution and time serving on the Board
- Welcome Tsugikazu Shibata (Gold Member Director) and Shane Wang (Individual Member Director) to the Board of Directors
(9:30) Executive Director Update
- (9:30) Professional Certification for individuals and driver testing - Jonathan Bryce, Mark Collier
(10:30) Committee Actions and Updates
- (10:30) Diversity Committee - Egle, Imad, Kavit
- (10:45) Transparency Committee - Steve
- (11:00) DefCore: 2015.07 Guideline approval - Rob Hirschfeld, Egle Sigler
- (11:20) Legal Affairs: CCLA/ICLA/DCO work status update - Eileen, Nissa
(11:40) Gold Membership Proposals
- Fujitsu 20 min presentation
(12:00) Executive Session
- (12:30) Working Lunch
(13:15)Return from Executive Session to Open Session (13:15) Strategic Discussions - Follow on to the March Board meeting recommendations
- (13:15) Discussion: Neutron - Kyle Mestery
- (14:15) Proposed resolutions from Executive Session
- (15:00) Discussion: Product Work Group - Roadmap and Process Update, Plan for Tokyo - Carol Barrett, Shamail Tahir
- (15:30) Discussion: Opportunities for existing open source projects in the 'big tent' - Randy
(16:30) End Session
(17:00 - 18:30) Dinner for the BoD, Austin-based Foundation Staff and Defcore
- Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden <http://bangersaustin.com/>
(18:30-20:00) Local Austin user group will join the group for drinks to celebrate OpenStack’s 5th Birthday
- Banger’s is located about half a mile distance from the JW Marriott where the BoD meeting will be held. Folks can either walk there or hop in an Uber or Lyft to quickly get there. There may also be pedi-cabs available to take. Here is a Google Map <https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Banger's+Sausage+House+&+Beer+Garden,+Rainey+Street,+Austin,+TX/JW+Marriott+Austin,+110+E+2nd+St,+Austin,+TXfirstname.lastname@example.org,-97.7455859,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x8644b5abd7d04cdb:0xc66901fef26c7c1d!2m2!1d-97.738372!2d30.258856!1m5!1m1!1s0x8644b507d6081abf:0xa19d489a128bb96d!2m2!1d-97.743435!2d30.264524!3e2> showing both locations.
- Next Board meeting will be held on October 26th, 9am
- ATC recognition for contributors was requested as a topic but theTC has now approved an internationalization team: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184920/