This is the instance which orchestrates the execution of tests.
- Authentication via ssh keys. For access, join the XenAPI team meeting on IRC.
- All the components are deployed to this instance.
- created via jenkins job at Citrix
- source code: https://github.com/citrix-openstack/openstack-citrix-ci
- branch: master
- cloned to: /root/src/openstack-citrix-ci/
- to update:
- Stop all its services
cd /root/src/openstack-citrix-ci git pull pip install -e .
- Start the required services
- configuration file: /root/osci.config
This service watches the gerrit stream and adds jobs to the queue
- Logs: /var/log/citrix-ci-gerritwatch.log
- (Re)start: (re)start citrix-ci-gerritwatch
This service progresses jobs through the lifecycle (see below)
- Logs: /var/log/citrix-ci.log
- (Re)start: (re)start citrix-ci
- three threads:
- main (run through state machine, see below)
- collect results (long blocking process, so its split out so main stuff makes progress -- service net?)
- delete node (go to collected, delete is a pain, tries up to to 10 mins, need to fix the delete process!!!!!)
- checks to node, to xenserver, then logs uploaded to swift from both
- what citrix-ci service runs
- runs main lifecycle
- can also manually add a job to the queue
- upload logs from local host directory up to swift
- called from osci-manage (via python not cli)
- what citrix-ci-gerrit-watch runs
- reads gerrit stream and adds jobs to DB
- creates job DB
- e.g. osci-run-tests print user host ref
- calls out to host to run tests
- used (via python not cli) by osci-manage
- prints out the job DB in useful ways
To report status:
- osci-view is called and content uploaded to swift
- source code: https://github.com/citrix-openstack/nodepool
- branch: master
- cloned to: /root/src/nodepool
- configuration file: /etc/nodepool/nodepool.yaml
- was initially deployed with: https://github.com/citrix-openstack/install-nodepool/blob/master/inp/osci_installscript.sh
The ssh-keys given to created xenserver boxes (nodes) are configured in the jenkins job that runs the above script to create the xenserver-ci box.
Provisions VMs to use in the tests
- Logs: /var/log/nodepool/nodepool.log, /var/log/nodepool/debug.log
- (Re)start: killall nodepool; rm /var/run/nodepool/nodepool.pid; start nodepool
to get information/control the nodepool service.
- To list the images:
To see how its all doing:
To claim a node:
nodepool hold id
These scripts are used by nodepool to prepare the nodes. Please see that nodepool's configuration refers to the location of these scripts.
- source code: https://github.com/citrix-openstack/project-config
- branch: xenserver-trusty
- cloned to: /root/src/project-config
- to update these scripts, you don't need to restart any services.
- osci-view list: Gives current queue, what is running etc. Shouldn't have jobs in here that are 'older' than 2 hours unless they are 'Finished'.
- nodepool list: Gives a list of the currently available nodes. Should have some nodes that are 'Ready' or 'Building'
- eval `ssh-agent`; ssh-add ~/.ssh/citrix_gerrit; osci-manage -c 12345/1; ssh-agent -k: Queue job 12345, patchset 1
- Queued -> Running: citrix-ci job has got a new node from nodepool (nodepool list will show it as 'held') does osci-run-tests to hand over to xenapi-os-testing
- Running -> Collecting: Job has finished; citrix-ci has changed state to Collecting - waiting on log collection thread
- Collecting -> Collected: Log collection thread has posted logs to swift and updated job with logs URL
- Collected -> Finished: Citrix-ci has posted to gerrit and the job is now complete
- <anything> -> Obsolete: a new job for the same change (recheck or new patchset) has been added
- http://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/xenapi-os-testing/ (although currently using https://github.com/citrix-openstack/xenapi-os-testing)
- Actual job runner; downloaded by openstack-citrix-ci/osci/tests/test_instructions.py
- citrix-ci: https://github.com/citrix-openstack/openstack-citrix-ci
- Workflow manager
- TODO - move to upstream, but for now... https://github.com/citrix-openstack/devstack-gate
- TODO - move to upstream, but for now... https://github.com/citrix-openstack/install-nodepool
- start using stackforge http://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/xenapi-os-testing/
- reduce number of excluded tests, using above stackforge integration
- stop forking infra projects, where possible
- consider moving to zuul, talk to turbo hipster folks
- create new environment to test out config changes
- create system to construct dev environments
- trial out neutron based tests (with quark?)
- BobBall to send johnthetubaguy an example on how to deploy the Main Box