XenServer CI Admin Tips
Auth is via ssh-keys, please request access in the XenAPI team meeting, if you want to help.
Services that should be running:
- citrix-ci-gerritwatch: Watches the gerrit stream and adds jobs to the queue
- Logs: /var/log/citrix-ci-gerritwatch.log
- (Re)start: (re)start citrix-ci-gerritwatch
- citrix-ci: Progresses jobs through the lifecycle (see below)
- Logs: /var/log/citrix-ci.log
- (Re)start: (re)start citrix-ci
- nodepool: Provisions VMs to use in the tests
- Logs: /var/log/nodepool/nodepool.log, /var/log/nodepool/debug.log
- (Re)start: killall nodepool; rm /var/run/nodepool/nodepool.pid; start nodepool
- osci-view list: Gives current queue, what is running etc. Shouldn't have jobs in here that are 'older' than 2 hours unless they are 'Finished'.
- nodepool list: Gives a list of the currently available nodes. Should have some nodes that are 'Ready' or 'Building'
- Queued -> Running: citrix-ci job has got a new node from nodepool (nodepool list will show it as 'held')
- Running -> Collecting: Job has finished; citrix-ci has changed state to Collecting - waiting on log collection thread
- Collecting -> Collected: Log collection thread has posted logs to swift and updated job with logs URL
- Collected -> Finished: Citrix-ci has posted to gerrit and the job is now complete
- <anything> -> Obsolete: a new job for the same change (recheck or new patchset) has been added