Installing XenServer / XCP on Virtual Box
This is a really useful development environment when you want everything running on a single box.
The setup includes:
- Virtual Box on your laptop or desktop
- XCP running in a Virtual Box VM
- OpenStack running in a VM on XCP
- Launching a VM on XCP using OpenStack
Install Virtual Box
You can get virtual box here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
While there are many options that could work, please try the recommended approach first. It will really help you understand what is possible.
The XenServer virtual box VM:
- a single bridged adapter onto your primary network
- * NAT is default, but not as useful
- * This will make XenServer appear on your network
- the above network is assumed to have DHCP (like that provided by a home router)