DevStack and XenServer
To get started, you first you need to install XenServer or XCP on a physical machine.
Then there are a few possible ways forward:
- Using the script at https://raw.github.com/citrix-openstack/qa/master/install-devstack-xen.sh - running this from off-box on a fresh install of XenServer will push down ssh keys and install devstack using the default settings.
- Use the readme in tools/xen to build an Ubuntu PV VM for you
- Create your own Ubuntu PV VM on your XenServer, set VIRT_DRIVER=xenserver, and then run stack.sh. You will need to set up networking manually to meet your specific needs
Installing DevStack on your own Ubuntu paravirtualized VM
This is not really heavily tested, you are probably best using the approach above.
- The VM must be running in PV mode (/sys/hypervisor/uuid is needed)
- It must be on the same hypervisor as the one you are managing