This spec describes Cassandra clustering feature development.
See more info about Cassandra itself at http://cassandra.apache.org/
See more info about Cassandra clusters at http://planetcassandra.org/blog/introduction-to-cassandra-clusters/
See more info about cluster deployment at http://pulasthisupun.blogspot.com/2013/12/setting-up-local-3-node-cassandra.html
Cassandra is the easiest to deploy-and-maintain datastore in the NoSQL world.
Since Trove provides framework that allows to implement clustering for certain datastores, it would be "nice to have" such ability to deploy C* clusters through Trove.
See more info at:
To implement cassandra clustering we need to add 3 new strategies:
- API strategy implementation
- Taskmanager implementation
- Guestagent implementation
We need to add another one cluster task for adding node (existing "add shard" task might work but it would be nice to have consistent states for each datastore), for cassandra we need to add:
- "Add node" cluster task
For Cassandra clustering we need to have next options:
- cluster_support - Boolean
- api_strategy - fully qualified class name of aAPI strategy implementation
- taskmanager_strategy - fully qualified class name of a Taskmanager implementation
- guestagent_strategy - fully qualified class name of a Guestagent implementation
RPC API description
According to base guestagent strategy we need to add next calls:
- a list of instances to join the ring.