OpenStack uses Transifex to manage the translation. There are four different roles in a translation project.
- Maintainer: a person responsible for the whole Project in Transifex, who has full control over all its aspects.
- Coordinator: a privileged member in a translation team who can help in team management tasks, such as approving new members and reviewing contributions to that language.
- Member (Translator) : a person who can submit translations.
- Reviewer: a person who can proofread translations and mark them as reviewed.
Manage the translation team
Translators who contribute to a project are organized in Language Teams. Each project has its own set of Translation Teams, one per language. The language team can be managed in the web page of "Edit language-team", through following steps. Ensure you have the privilege of the project maintainer before you starts.
- Go to the main page of a translation project, click the language which you want to manage the translation team, then the overview page of the translations for this language will be opened.
- Click the link "Edit language team" at the right side of the tool bar, then the page of "Edit language-team" will be opened.
- Add the Transifex id of coordinators, members and reviewers in the page of "Edit language-team".
Work as a coordinator
As a coordinator, you have the right to approve new members of your team.
- Go to the main page of a translation project, click the language which you are the coordinator of, then the overview page of the translations for this language will be opened.
- Click the link "Members" in the tool bar, then the page of "Members" will be opened.
- Click the "approve" button to approve the request of new members.