Difference between revisions of "Swift/HowToCutRelease"
(Created page with "== Steps to create a release of liberasurecode / pyeclib / swift == # Manually test latest master (or whatever sha is going to be released) # Create patch with updated versi...")
Latest revision as of 15:06, 30 June 2017
Steps to create a release of liberasurecode / pyeclib / swift
- Manually test latest master (or whatever sha is going to be released)
- Create patch with updated version number and release notes for each project and propose as gerrit patch.
- This also includes updating authors and mailmap
- See https://github.com/notmyname/git-stats to help update authors/mailmap info
- Once patches have landed, tag the release (https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#tagging-a-release):
git checkout <branch name> git pull --ff-only git tag -s <version number> git push gerrit <version number>