StarlingX/Tags and Prefixes
Tags and Prefixes
Each new Story created shall be marked with Tags. We are using Tags to:
- Show what kind of a Story it is - a Bug, a Feature, etc...
- Show what release the Story is targeted to: stx.2018.08, stx.2018.11, etc... See the TBD section for more info on our Release plans
- Show which sub-project of Starling is responsible for completing the Story. See the TBD section for more info on the project's sub-projects
To help us all keep things straight and to enable us to share queries and searches please follow these rules:
- All newly created Stories shall be tagged as described here
- All newly newly created Stories shall be tagged with stx.new so we know that the story needs to be reviewed and assigned to a release.
Tags for Story "kinds"
|stx.new||For brand new stories that need to be reviewed by the Cores, assigned to a sub-project, or just triaged|
|stx.bug||For defects. This should no longer be used as bugs should be filed in our Launchpad instance.|
|stx.feature||For new features and enhancements|
Tags for Releases
|stx.1.0||For bugs or features planned for the first StarlingX release; released in October 2018|
|stx.2.0||For bugs or features planned for the second StarlingX release|
Tags for Sub-projects
|stx.docs||For work items for the Documentation and Infrastructure sub-project|
|stx.build||For work items for the Build sub-project|
|stx.distro.openstack, stx-upstream (for candidates to upstream to core openstack)||For work items for the Distro OpenStack sub-project|
|stx.distro.other, stx-upstream (?)||For work items for the Distro Non-OpenStack sub-project|
|stx.test||For work items for the Test sub-project/team|
|stx.security||For bugs or features for the Security sub-project|
|stx.containers||For bugs or features for the Containerized OpenStack sub-project|
|stx.config||For bugs or features for the config sub-project|
|stx.fault||For bugs or features for the fault management sub-project|
|stx.ha||For bugs or features for the HA sub-project|
|stx.metal||For bugs or features for the metal sub-project|
|stx.gui||For bugs or features for the GUI sub-project|
|stx.nfv||For bugs or features for the NFV sub-project|
|stx.update||For bugs or features for the Software Update sub-project|
|stx.distcloud||For bugs or features for the Distributed Cloud sub-project|
|stx.networking||For bugs or features for the Networking sub-project|
|stx.releases||For work items for the Releases sub-project|
|stx.python2||For work on the Python2 to Python3 transition initiative|
|stx.devstack||For work on the devstack integration initiative|
|stx.zuul||For work on the zuul enablement & coverage initiative|
|stx.clear||For work on the Clear Linux enablement initiative|
This page is under construction. ToDo: Break out the prefixes by "kind" like the tags, and define Prefixes for the sub-projects.
To make it easier to visually identify categories of work and to search on them, you can optionally add a prefix to the subject of an email or to the description for a Story. The following prefixes are defined:
- [Enhancement]: An improvement or enhancement to the functionality of StartingX; typically smaller scope items
- [Build]: Build tools, environment, repo organization, etc
- [Process]: Process and project related work items
- [Test]: Test/Validation related work items
- [Upstreaming]: Work items that need to be pushed in the core openstack projects or other 3rd party repo's
- [Help]: Request for assistance, questions
|[Bug]||A problem which impairs or prevents the functionality of StarlingX|
|[Feature]||For new features and enhancements|
|[Doc]||For documentation work items|
|[Security]||For security issues e.g. CVE reports|
|[Releases]||For Release management and process work items|
|[Python2]||For Python2 removal work items|
A new defect for the Security Sub-project would be tagged as: stx.new, stx stx.bug, stx.security. The description can optionally contain "[BUG][Security]".
A new feature for the TBD Sub-project should be tagged as: stx.feature stx.TBD. The description can optionally contain [Feature][TBD].
Note that each Tag needs to be entered separately in the web UI.