StarlingX/Tags and Prefixes
Tags and Prefixes
Each new Story created shall be marked with Tags. We are using Tags to:
- Show what kind of a Story it is - a Bug, a Feature, etc...
- Show what release the Story is targeted to: stx.2018.08, stx.2018.11, etc... See the TBD section for more info on our Release plans
- Show which sub-project of Starling is responsible for completing the Story. See the TBD section for more info on the project's sub-projects
To help us all keep things straight and to enable us to share queries and searches please follow these rules:
- All newly created Stories shall be tagged as described here
- All newly newly created Stories shall be tagged with stx.new so we know that the story needs to be reviewed and assigned to a release.
Tags for Story "kinds"
|stx.feature||For new features|
Tags for Story Releases
|stx.new||For a brand new Story that needs to be assigned to a Sub-project and/or a release|
|stx.2018.08||For bugs or features intended to be completed before the August code freeze for the September release|
|stx.2018.11||For bugs or features intended to be completed before the November code freeze for the December release|
Tags for Sub-projects
|stx.security||For bugs or features for the Security sub-project|
|TBD||For bugs or features for the TBD sub-project|
This page is under construction.
To make it easier to visually identify categories of work and to search on them, you can optionally add a prefix to the description for a Story. The following prefixes are defined:
- [Enhancement]: An improvement or enhancement to the functionality of StartingX; typically smaller scope items
- [Build]: Build tools, environment, repo organization, etc
- [Process]: Process and project related work items
- [Test]: Test/Validation related work items
- [Upstreaming]: Work items that need to be pushed in the core openstack projects or other 3rd party repo's
- [Help]: Request for assistance, questions
|[Bug]||A problem which impairs or prevents the functionality of StarlingX|
|[Feature]||For new features and enhancements|
|[Doc]||For documentation work items|
|[Security]||For security issues e.g. CVE reports|
A new defect for the Security Sub-project would be tagged as: stx.new, stx stx.bug, stx.security. The description can optionally contain "[BUG][Security]".
A new feature for the TBD Sub-project should be tagged as: stx.feature stx.TBD. The description can optionally contain [Feature][TBD].
Note that each Tag needs to be entered separately in the web UI.