This Etherpad is the working document for updating this list for the next 6 months.
The following is an ordered list of our priorities from highest to lowest for the next six months.
- Build stability & mirror cache / improvements. Owner: Build sub-project
- Basic processes & infrastructure Owner: Docs & Infra sub-project
- Documentation Owner: Docs & Infra sub-project
- Distro management. Owners: Distro OpenStack subproject and Distro Non-OpenStack subproject
- No OpenStack updates planned for 2018. Rocky/Stein in 2019.
- CentOS 7.5 update for Q4 2018 (October release)
- We will continually update components for CVE's.
- Ceph & qemu/libvirt to update to tip asap
- Patch backlog analysis and plan to address / close forks. Owner Distro sub-projects
- Disposition of StarlingX staging - find a long term home for those repos. Owner Dean
- Project decoupling - make the services more self contained. Owner stx-* services sub-projects (the Flock)
- KPI establishment, test automation and on-going improvements. Owner Test
- Reduce patch backlog - openstack and non-openstack. Owner Distro sub-projects
- Containerized OpenStack services support. Owner Container subproject
- Distributed Cloud (owner stx-dcloud)
- Python 3 readiness. Owner Distro-subprojects
- Package system independence Owner Non OpenStack Distro team (will need stx-update support)
- Operating System independence Owner Non OpenStak Distro team
- Networking features Owner Networking sub-project
- Intel-specific features: SGX, EPID, integrations with Intel platforms and software Owner TBD