Welcome to the MultiOS sub-project!
- Project Lead: Victor Rodriguez <email@example.com>
- Technical Lead : Saul Wold
- Contributors: Saul Wold, Mario Alfredo C Arevalo, Yi C Wang; Yan Chen Scott Little, Abraham Arce Moreno, Bruce Jones, Marcela Rosales
Every Monday 4PM Pacific time https://zoom.us/j/342730236
Project notes https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-multios
Our goals for this sub-project are:
- Enable StarlingX to be built on and run on multiple host operating systems
- Our initial target operating systems are CentOS (currently supported), Clear Linux and Ubuntu
- Enable StarlingX to provide software management services for multiple package file formats
- This requires building abstraction layers in the StarlingX Flock to allow package management to be defined per-OS (or per package manager)
This work is dependent on work being done in the Python2 to Python3 Transition and Devstack Integration sub-projects, and will become easier as the Upstreaming project gets the StarlingX forks closed.
- All Storyboard stories created for this team should use the tag "stx.multios" and the prefix [MultiOS].
- The work items for this team can be found in Storyboard here.
- The bugs open against the project can be found in TBD
Operating System Dependent Notes and Issues
See Clear Linux
Yocto/Wind River Linux