StarlingX/Draft new wiki home page
Welcome to the StarlingX Community
This is a work-in-progress draft of a new look for the StarlingX wiki home page. Comments and feedback welcome! Please send them to (bruce dot e dot jones at intel dot com).
Welcome to the StarlingX Contributor Community! We're glad you are here. Everything you need to get started with StarlingX is available below. If you have questions or need advice, please reach out to us on the mailing list or IRC - we're here to help!
Meetups & PTGs
Planning & Process
- StarlingX Release Planning
- StarlingX Feature Development Process (needs update)
- StarlingX Defect Handling Process
Story and Bug Tracking
We are using the OpenStack Storyboard tool for tracking feature development activities. Each new Story should be marked with one or more Tags, and can optionally include one or more Prefixes in the title. See Tags and Prefixes for a description of how we use them.
The StarlingX Storyboard project group is here.
- To find newly created stories, use: this query
- To find stories with no sub-project tags, use this worklist
- To find all active stories, use this query
- To find all active stories for stx.2.0, use this query
- To find all active bugs for stx.2.0 in launchpad, use this query.
- Queries for the Sub-projects are defined on each Sub-project's page
StarlingX is both a development project and an integration project that combines new services with many other open source projects into an overall Edge Cloud software stack. We've broken the overall project into a set of separate projects to help keep things manageable. Notes from the F2F discussion on how to organize sub-teams are here
StarlingX main projects
Information on the main StarlingX development projects can be found on the wiki pages below:
|Config project||Fault project||HA project||GUI project|
|Metal project||NFV project||Update project||Distributed Cloud project|
StarlingX supporting projects
In addition to the main StarlingX development projects there are also additional projects to help us develop, maintain, document, build and release the overall StarlingX software stack.
|Docs and Infra project||Build project||Distro - OpenStack project||Distro - Non-OpenStack project|
|Test project||Security project||Containers project||Networking project|
|Releases project||MultiOS project|
StarlingX cross-project initiatives
There are several initiatives we are implementing that cross project boundaries:
|Python2 to Python3 Transition||Zuul Enablement and Coverage||Devstack Integration||StarlingX In-a-box|
- Create a Project Map graphic that captures all of this in a graphical way, similar to (or an extension of) the OpenStack project map.
StarlingX Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
There are several SIGs in the StarlingX community:
- Packet SIG - for community members interested in working with the hardware provided by packet.com
- First Contact SIG- for community members interested in helping new community members