StarlingX/Draft new wiki home page
Welcome to the StarlingX Project
This is a work-in-progress draft of a new look for the StarlingX wiki home page. Comments and feedback welcome! Please send them to (bruce dot e dot jones at intel dot com).
StarlingX is a fully integrated Edge Cloud software stack that includes everything that you need to deploy an Edge Cloud on one server, two servers, or up to 100 servers. It includes a host operating system, storage and networking components, and all of the Cloud Infrastructure needed to run Edge workloads in one easy to install package. All of the software has been tuned and optimized to meet Edge application requirements.
The stack pre-defines several different configurations that are designed to meet a variety of Edge Cloud deployment needs.
The StarlingX project's goal is to make the task of deploying and managing a high performance Edge Cloud as simple as possible.
You can find an overview of the StarlingX project's features here.
We are proud to be an OpenStack Foundation project!
- We support and adhere to the OpenStack community Code of Conduct
- We support and fully embrace the Four Opens
- Email: See http://lists.starlingx.io/ to subscribe to starlingx-announce or starlingx-discuss.
- IRC: #starlingX on freenode. See here for info on IRC account setup.
- Weekly calls: The list of meetings and dial-in information can be found on this page.
Users and Operators
This section of the wiki contains information aimed at users and operators of StarlingX.
The first StarlingX release is stx.1.0 (previously referred to as stx.2018.10) and it is available now. The second StarlingX release is stx.2.0 and is expected to be ready in August of 2019.
|Release||Description||Prebuilt Image||Release Notes|
|Stx.1.0||StarlingX 1.0 is an OpenStack Pike platform that can manage application workloads in Virtual Machines or on Bare Metal. It is the most recent stable release of StarlingX.||stx.1.0||stx.1.0 Release Notes|
|Stx.2.0||StarlingX 2.0 adds Container support with Kubernetes and runs OpenStack Stein within containers as an optional application. It has not yet been released.||Not yet available||Not yet available|
|Latest nightly builds||These builds are a preview of our upcoming release and are under active development by the community.||Latest builds||Not applicable|
Documentation on how to use, build and install StarlingX is available on StarlingX documentation page. There is additional documentation available on this wiki:
- StarlingX Developer Guide
- StarlingX Installation Guide
- StarlingX VirtualBox Configuration Guide
- StarlingX Packet.com iPXE Installation
Features that are unique to a specific hardware platform are described here.
New Contributor Info
Your contribution is welcome - check the list of "help wanted" bugs.
The StarlingX project uses Gerrit as its web-based code change management and review tool. The following links and queries are helpful for finding out what reviews are active in the project:
- Gerrit repositories maintain the StarlingX code, build instructions are in the StarlingX Developer Guide
- StarlingX Gerrit Projects and Open StarlingX project reviews
- StarlingX Gerrit Review Dashboard
- StarlingX Gerrit Review Dashboard by Status
- The list of meetings and dial-in information can be found on this page.
- We held a community meetup in January 2019. The agenda and meeting notes can be found here. A blog with pictures and a description of the meetup is here.
Here are the agendas and notes for our PTG meetings:
- StarlingX Denver 2018 PTG Agenda
- add link here to the Berlin PTG meeting minutes
- StarlingX Denver 2019 PTG Agenda and Notes