StarlingX/Draft new wiki home page
Welcome to the StarlingX Project
This is a work-in-progress draft of a new look for the StarlingX wiki home page. Comments and feedback welcome! Please send them to (bruce dot e dot jones at intel dot com).
StarlingX is a fully integrated Edge Cloud software stack that includes everything that you need to deploy an Edge Cloud on one server, two servers, or up to 100 servers. It includes a host operating system, storage and networking components, and all of the Cloud Infrastructure needed to run Edge workloads in one easy to install package. All of the software has been tuned and optimized to meet Edge application requirements.
The stack pre-defines several different configurations that are designed to meet a variety of Edge Cloud deployment needs.
The StarlingX project's goal is to make the task of deploying and managing a high performance Edge Cloud as simple as possible.
You can find an overview of the StarlingX project's features here.
We are proud to be an OpenStack Foundation project!
- We support and adhere to the OpenStack community Code of Conduct
- We support and fully embrace the Four Opens
- Email: See http://lists.starlingx.io/ to subscribe to starlingx-announce or starlingx-discuss.
- IRC: #starlingX on freenode. See here for info on IRC account setup.
Users and Operators
This section of the wiki contains information aimed at users and operators of StarlingX.
The first StarlingX release is stx.1.0 (previously referred to as stx.2018.10) and it is available now. The second StarlingX release is stx.2.0 and is expected to be ready in August of 2019.
- Stx.1.0 Release info:
- Stx.2.0 - Release info:
- StarlingX 2.0 adds Container support with Kubernetes and runs OpenStack Stein within containers as an optional application. It has not yet been released.
- Release notes and links to builds to be provided once available
- StarlingX latest builds:
- The very latest builds are available on: Latest builds.
- These builds are a preview of our upcoming release and are under active development by the community.
Documentation on how to use, build and install StarlingX are available on StarlingX documentation page
These documents will help get you started building, installing, and validating your installation of StarlingX:
- StarlingX Developer Guide
- StarlingX Installation Guide
- StarlingX VirtualBox Configuration Guide
- StarlingX Packet.com iPXE Installation