We are a new project within a Foundation that has been a big part of the open source community for a long time. Many of us are new to OpenStack development, and while StarlingX isn't an official OpenStack project, we share the same Foundation and the same goals, so it makes sense to share the same basic development processes.
- We will follow all the usual OpenStack conversions
- Please see the OpenStack Developer Guide for a complete description
- Code submissions should do one thing. Larger efforts should be divided into multiple submissions
- Code submissions shall have a signed-off-by line for DCO. "git commit -s" will suffice.
- Code submissions for bug fixes do not need to be reviewed before pushing to gerrit. Bug reports should be posted to Storyboard.
- Code submissions for features and other larger development tasks should be discussed on the mailing prior to code submission, to allow for community review and feedback. Stories should be created for this work. Post early and often. Please review (and test!) each other's code.