Testing Kubernetes Upgrades
In order to test a kubernetes upgrade, the recommended approach is to:
- Build a StarlingX load with a previous kubernetes version
- Build a set of patches for the new kubernetes version
- Install the load and perform the upgrade
For example, if the release of StarlingX you are testing is currently using kubernetes v1.16.2, you could build a load using kubernetes v1.16.1.
Building a StarlingX load with a previous kubernetes version
The following changes must be made and then a load must be built.
- Change get_kube_versions function to specify previous version.
- Change VERSION to previous version.
- Change %global commit to previous version.
- Change %global kube_version to previous version.
- Change kubernetesVersion to previous version.