Refactoring the existing Savanna V1 api, making it easier for the user and separating the concerns of the user and deployer.
DEPLOYER = Person or entity who deploys and manages an Openstack installation and Savanna. Responsible for setup, configuration and management of Savanna.
USER = End Users who access the Savanna REST API via a http client, python-savannaclient or Savanna Horizon Dashboard.
High Level overview of Proposed changes
- Refactor the format of the error response
- Update the response codes and error response codes to reflect existing rest patterns.
- Let's not expose the plugins directly via the rest API, instead expose services that are supported by the plugins.
- This allows a plugin to support more than one type of service.
- The user it not exposed to the backend.
- Remove the images api.
- Savanna should be building a higher level service that abstracts the concepts on images from users.
- Expose services to users and manage plugins and images on the backend.
- Will help with the why not Heat argument.
- Nomenclature change of node_groups to roles.