Release Naming/P Proposals
P Release Naming
According to the Release Naming Process, this page will contain a list of nominated names for the P release of OpenStack. We will accept nominations until 2016-06-28 23:59:59 UTC.
Release Name Criteria
- Each release name must start with the letter of the ISO basic Latin alphabet following the initial letter of the previous release, starting with the initial release of "Austin". After "Z", the next name should start with "A" again.
- The name must be composed only of the 26 characters of the ISO basic Latin alphabet. Names which can be transliterated into this character set are also acceptable.
- The name must refer to the physical or human geography of the region encompassing the location of the OpenStack design summit for the corresponding release. The exact boundaries of the geographic region under consideration must be declared before the opening of nominations, as part of the initiation of the selection process.
- The name must be a single word with a maximum of 10 characters. Words that describe the feature should not be included, so "Foo City" or "Foo Peak" would both be eligible as "Foo".
Names which do not meet these criteria but otherwise sound really cool should be added to a separate section of the wiki page and the TC may make an exception for one or more of them to be considered in the Condorcet poll. The naming official is responsible for presenting the list of exceptional names for consideration to the TC before the poll opens.
Exact Geographic Region
The Geographic Region from where names for the P release will come is New England
- Peabody (a city in MA) next to Salem
- Plymouth (a city in MA - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth,_Massachusetts)
- Ponkapoag (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponkapoag)
- Portland (a city in Maine, also consistent with our usual choice of confusing name)
- Podunk (an unincorporated area in East Brookfield, according to http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/703/where-is-podunk )
- Peru is a town in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 847 at the 2010 census.
- Paris is a town in Maine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris,_Maine)
- Preston (it's in Connecticut - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston,_Connecticut . And in the UK.)
- Prospect (city in Connecticut - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prospect,_Connecticut)
- Pequot (Native American tribal nation from Connecticut https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pequot_people)
- Pilgrim (Early European settlers of America who landed in New England)
- Pawtucket is a town in Rhode Island
- Providence is a city in Rhode Island
- Prescott is a town in Massachusetts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott,_Massachusetts)
- Pelham is a town in Massachusetts (and southern New Hampshire)
- Paxton is a town in Massachusetts
- Plympton is a town in Massachusetts
- Princeton is a town in Massachusetts
Proposed Names that do not meet the criteria
- Panda(it's a kind of animals https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_panda)