Release Naming/O Proposals
O Release Naming
According to the Release Naming Process, this page will contain a list of nominated names for the O release of OpenStack. We will accept nominations until 2015-11-15 23:59:59 UTC.
Release Name Criteria
- Each release name must start with the letter of the ISO basic Latin alphabet following the initial letter of the previous release, starting with the initial release of "Austin". After "Z", the next name should start with "A" again.
- The name must be composed only of the 26 characters of the ISO basic Latin alphabet. Names which can be transliterated into this character set are also acceptable.
- The name must refer to the physical or human geography of the region encompassing the location of the OpenStack design summit for the corresponding release. The exact boundaries of the geographic region under consideration must be declared before the opening of nominations, as part of the initiation of the selection process.
- The name must be a single word with a maximum of 10 characters. Words that describe the feature should not be included, so "Foo City" or "Foo Peak" would both be eligible as "Foo".
Names which do not meet these criteria but otherwise sound really cool should be added to a separate section of the wiki page and the TC may make an exception for one or more of them to be considered in the Condorcet poll. The naming official is responsible for presenting the list of exceptional names for consideration to the TC before the poll opens.
Exact Geographic Region
The Geographic Region from where names for the O release will come is Catalonia
- Osona, a Catalan comarqua (district) and historic county  
- Organyà, A Catalan municipality where one of the oldest literary document written in Catalan was found 
- Oliana, a Catalan municipality 
- Olot, capital of the Catalan comarqua of Garrotxa  
- Ocean  Catalonia is not on the Ocean, it is on the Mediterranian Sea.
- Osserà (town)
- Oristà (town)
- Odeillio (from Font Roma Odeillio-Via, in the French side of Catalonia.)
- Oveix (town)
- Orcau (town)
- Ogern (town)
- Om (Carrer de l'Om)
- Ortigosa (Carrer de...)
- Ombriaga (mountain Puig d'Ombriaga)
- Obiol (mountain Puig de l'Obiol)
- Occitania, the unofficial region of Catalonia that speaks the Occitan language 
- Ocata (Beach)
- Olesa, an olive oil producing Catalan municipality 
- Oix (town)
- Olímpic (Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, Olympic Stadium of Barcelona)
- Oli (PLAÇA DE L'OLI,  )