OpenStack Liberty Release Notes
OpenStack Networking (Neutron)
Deprecated and Removed Plugins and Drivers
- The metaplugin is removed in the Liberty release.
OpenStack Compute (Nova)
- If you are coming from Kilo stable, please make sure you have fully upgraded to the latest release of that lineage before deploying Liberty. Due to bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1474074 versions of Kilo from before the fix will be problematic when talking to Liberty nodes.
- Allocation ratios for RAM and CPU are now defined within the nova-compute service, thus need to be consistent across the cloud. Make sure that all your nodes (both controller and compute) are having the same nova.conf values for ram_allocation_ratio and cpu_allocation_ratio. To be removed in case https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215278/ is not merged for Liberty (bauzas, 2015/08/20)
- nova-compute should be upgraded to Liberty code before upgrading Neutron services per the new "network-vif-deleted" event: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/187871/
OpenStack Telemetry (Ceilometer)
Key New Features
- The name of some middleware used by ceilometer changed in a backwards-incompatible way. Before upgrading, edit the paste.ini file for ceilometer to change "oslo.middleware" to "oslo_middleware". For example using sed -ri 's/oslo\.middleware/oslo_middleware/' api_paste.ini