Release Notes, 2011.3.1
The 2011.3.1 release is a Diablo bugfix update for Nova and Glance.
The bugfixes contained in this release were backported from the development branches into a stable branch. The release is intended to be a relatively risk free update with no intentional regressions or API changes.
In total, 90 launchpad bugs are fixed by this update.
- Nova: List of Nova bugs fixed in the 2011.3.1 release
- Glance: List of Glance bugs fixed in the 2011.3.1 release
Resolved Security Issues
- Image access control is available
- Incorrect secret key causes user details to be revealed (CVE-2011-4076)
- Security groups are not sanity checked for incorrect data
- Path Traversal possible when downloading an image (CVE-2011-4596)
- Potential directory traversal in _untarzip_image (CVE-2011-4596)
- project_id could be overwritten to any value by URI value (CVE-2012-0030)
- Location information still showing in calls to HEAD|GET /images/<ID>
- Glance reports location (with credentials) in create return json
- Swift upload via Glance logs the password it's using